Fence on Lower Gunnison - Mountain Buzz

Old 05-05-2015   #1

Poncha Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2010
Fence on Lower Gunnison

If you are floating the lower Gunnison below Escalante... At the island just above Hail Mary rapid, there is a new electric cattle fence across the left channel. Main channel and the rapid is to the right, but I do know some novice boaters who would take the left channel to skirt the rapid. Not an option at this point in time.

Telechef is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2015   #2
swimming

Colorado, Colorado
2015 is the year of "cut that bitch".

I'm never going to boat that section of river, but any fence I see across the river is getting cut. Angry landowner or not.
BeaterBoater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015   #3

Bismarck, North Dakota
Paddling Since: 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeaterBoater View Post
2015 is the year of "cut that bitch".

I'm never going to boat that section of river, but any fence I see across the river is getting cut. Angry landowner or not.
I totally agree, insulated cutters are your best friend. It's time to force this issue to a head. Just because a river runs through your property doesn't mean you own the river. I'd bet that either side of the river are 2 different deeds, but I could be wrong. I am not a lawyer but I did have sex with one after she defended me and one.
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2015   #4

Denver, Colorado
Anyone know the current status? Is it still there?
cue2go is offline   Reply With Quote