Deso - SE Utah Board of Health restrictions - Mountain Buzz

Old 04-09-2020   #1

Westminster, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1980
Deso - SE Utah Board of Health restrictions

The Public Health Order has been updated as of April 1

Only primary residents and essential visitors of Emery, Carbon and Grand counties are allowed to overnight, whether lodging, or camping on public
lands

No end date available

Page 3 of order, Section 3

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2020   #2

Westminster, Colorado
https://www.seuhealth.com/covid-19
Old 04-09-2020   #3

C. Springs, Colorado
I received this E mail yesterday.

Dear Permittee,
You’re receiving this email because you have reserved a Desolation Gray-Green River Permit in the near future. We wanted to make you aware of the South Eastern Utah Health District Order that may impact your trip. Please see the Public Health Order (dated 3/31/20) and visit the South Eastern Utah Health Department (SEUHD) website for any other local updates and information concerning COVID-19.
At this time, the BLM has not closed the Desolation Gray-Green River or cancelled any permits, however as the situation changes we will re-evaluate. The SEUHD order limits all overnight and short-term lodging facilities, including camping on public lands within Carbon, Emery, and Grand Counties to local residents. The order also states that no camp shall be located within 50 yards of another camp and no camp shall consist of more than 10 people. However, in light of the recent SEUHD order, if you wish to cancel your permit for a refund please do so though Recreation.gov, and call our office at 435-636-3631 to initiate the refund request. Permit staff will be available Monday-Friday from 8:00-4:30 if you choose to cancel your permit and request a refund.
caverdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2020   #4

Westminster, Colorado
Thanks, caverdan
Old 04-09-2020   #5

East Wenatchee, Washington
Paddling Since: 1976
If I read it correct, public lands (Federal?) are closed to other "taxpayers" that are not from those counties? It should be open for all or closed for all and not discriminate. How would out of state recreationalists/rafters feel if they were locked out of the public lands, the Salmon Rivers, Selway, etc. in Idaho?

In addition if you are from out of state you have to fill out a form before entering Utah. I wonder what happens if the form raises an alarm? I understand the fears of spread in Utah, but some of these actions are a bit harsh.

Motorists entering near state borders will receive an alert that will direct them to fill out a health declaration, or form.
Following a recent executive order from Utah Gov. Gary Herbert, Utah will, for the first time, deploy a targeted wireless emergency alert (WEA) on certain highways that cross state borders into Utah. The alert will direct motorists to fill out a brief declaration, or survey, that is available at entry.utah.gov.

These are extraordinary times, and Utah is taking extraordinary measures like using this technology (which we have never used in an instance like this before). There may be some kinks here and there, but it’s absolutely essential to help us stop the spread of the coronavirus, COVID-19.

Sorry trooper, I lost my phone and my radio isn't working [pulled fuse].
chiefstilh20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020   #6

Golden, Colorado
Utah government: Here’s a text message to read and form to fill out while driving.

Brilliant.
griz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020   #7

thornton, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1969
So does all this conflicting information mean you can go or no go? Wish they would just say come on down and enjoy yourself or stay away till we figure this mess(situation) out.
raymo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020   #8

C. Springs, Colorado
Raymo,
My deciding factor for my May trip will be if River Runners is allowed to shuttle our vehicles. I'll have to check with the BLM office to make sure camping is still allowed along the river corridor. The way it looks to me right now is the only ones allowed to camp on river right are locals. The county dividing lines are the middle of the river. I'm guessing the put in is in Uintah county and you can drive into it by going through Dinosaur Colorado. If the May trip doesn't happen, one of our crew has a June launch date I will try to make. Only time will tell. Unfortunately, Utah is it's own country and not a good place to debate the grey areas of their laws.
caverdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020   #9

thornton, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1969
caverdan, I sure hope you and your crew get to launch along with others holding permits at some time, the sooner the better. May the river gods be with all. River running is a symbol of life to us.
raymo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020   #10

Westminster, Colorado
What? Y'all want clear information? Only thing I know is "wash your hands, wash your hands, wash your hands"

Caverdan, as raymo states, I sincerely hope your trip is a go. We have a
June 12 launch and are also asking the river gods, Mother Nature and any entity that has to do with river life to be with everyone, on a river or not