Deso - SE Utah Board of Health restrictions - Page 6 - Mountain Buzz

Old 3 Weeks Ago   #51

C. Springs, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddle Iraq View Post
Are trips limited to ten people and if so when is that restriction currently scheduled to expire?
They are limited to 10 at the moment. keep an eye on the Utah links in this thread and follow the updates they keep making. The best I can tell....(it's a screwy site to decipher)....it's in orange stage now and needs to go to green before the limit of 10 people is lifted. I'm hoping by June 1st they allow more people in a group.

Remember....drama is what's driving this TV show..... lot's of drama...

caverdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 3 Weeks Ago   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by caverdan View Post
They are limited to 10 at the moment. keep an eye on the Utah links in this thread and follow the updates they keep making. The best I can tell....(it's a screwy site to decipher)....it's in orange stage now and needs to go to green before the limit of 10 people is lifted. I'm hoping by June 1st they allow more people in a group.

Remember....drama is what's driving this TV show..... lot's of drama...
The Orange restrictions excluding Grand County are groups of under 20 according to the links.

"Private, social interactions that occur without oversight by a formal organization are allowable in groups of 20 or fewer"
CRP85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #53

C. Springs, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRP85 View Post
The Orange restrictions excluding Grand County are groups of under 20 according to the links.

"Private, social interactions that occur without oversight by a formal organization are allowable in groups of 20 or fewer"
I hope your right and I'm wrong. I'm probably reading too much into what is being said in the statement as I see the river permit being overseen by a formal organization. That would be the BLM and the ranger at the put it. I'm going to call the BLM office on Monday and try to get word from them on how many are allowed on a trip right now. I'd hate to get to the put in next month and have too many people. It's hard to cut our group down to 10 when 12 or 14 really want to go.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #54

C. Springs, Colorado
Just got off the phone with the Price BLM office. There is not a restriction on the number of people on your trip. The normal 25 people per trip applies to all trips going forward. CRP85....I'm glad your right and I'm wrong. Sorry for the misinformation everyone.
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #55

Westminster, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1980
Thank you, caverdan, for following up and getting first hand info!
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #56

Salt Lake City, Utah
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvwoods View Post
I have a May 21 launch, have talked to Melanie at RRT and the shuttle is setup, they are taking huge precautions to keep everyone safe (THANK YOU), talked to BLM and they confirmed that the previous order restricting camping to locals has been lifted. It sounds to me like as long as you are not camping at Swayzee takeout then the trips should operate normally. Now I just need to figure out who is going to be able to give me a solid bug report! Looks like pretty warm and dry weather so I'm expecting near peak flows and hopefully no blood sucking demons.
My group has been unsuccessful in reaching Melanie or anyone else at RRT. What's your trick?
bcpnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #57

Nederland, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcpnick View Post
My group has been unsuccessful in reaching Melanie or anyone else at RRT. What's your trick?
Just got off the phone with Melanie and set up our shuttle for this weekend. They're up and running with extra precautions!
RidgeLivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #58

Salt Lake City, Utah
Thanks, I'll try again!
bcpnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #59

Salida, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1983
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcpnick View Post
Consider it an omen, and call Redtail Aviation. There was another Deso shuttle company listed on another thread here,but I can't remember the name.
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #60

Westminster, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1980
A friend of mine sent a message via Facebook and the RRT site and called; as stated above, they are just getting up and running, reached Melanie yesterday, shuttle reserved