Deso - SE Utah Board of Health restrictions - Page 5 - Mountain Buzz

Old 3 Weeks Ago   #41

C. Springs, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by T.O.Mac View Post
can anyone tell me if the group size is still limited to 10?
It is limited to 10 and I doubt it will change over the next few months.

caverdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 3 Weeks Ago   #42

Alpine, Wyoming
Paddling Since: 2002
Talked with River Runners last week. They are opening soon and I have them booked for a shuttle on June 8.

And where are you guys seeing that group size is limited to 10? I clearly understand why, just trying to figure out where the info is coming from.

Thanks.
Shakes413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #43

C. Springs, Colorado
I can't find the link but it is on the Utah.Gov site under the orange status for the covid 19 reopening of the state. I was supposed to launch May 9th.
caverdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 3 Weeks Ago   #44

I have a July 3 launch so have been keeping an eye on things too. The Orange / Moderate Risk phase in Utah mentions under recreation that "Private, social interactions that occur without oversight by a formal organization are allowable in groups of 20 or fewer," so I think more than 10 is OK if we are to follow state regs.

https://coronavirus.utah.gov/utahs-moderate-risk-phase/

I think the mention of the Grand County portion of the river refers to being able to camp on river left once past the reservation. River left is Grand County which still is under the locals only camping restrictions. Emery County on river right is following state guidelines at this point.
CRP85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #45

SLC, Utah
Quote:
I think the mention of the Grand County portion of the river refers to being able to camp on river left once past the reservation. River left is Grand County which still is under the locals only camping restrictions.
Swasey Beach, where almost everybody takes out, is in Grand County and therefore presumably prohibited.

Nine miles downstream, Green River State Park is a potential takeout and the park is in Emery County.

Be careful, though. There's a diversion dam between the two takeouts. It withdraws water to grow the famous Green River melons. There is a safe rafter's route through the middle of the low diversion dam, which you should probably read about before you try to use it.
UtahBrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #46

Eagle, Colorado
I have a May 21 launch, have talked to Melanie at RRT and the shuttle is setup, they are taking huge precautions to keep everyone safe (THANK YOU), talked to BLM and they confirmed that the previous order restricting camping to locals has been lifted. It sounds to me like as long as you are not camping at Swayzee takeout then the trips should operate normally. Now I just need to figure out who is going to be able to give me a solid bug report! Looks like pretty warm and dry weather so I'm expecting near peak flows and hopefully no blood sucking demons.
jvwoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #47

Thanks for the info, JVWoods. Very good news!

I don’t believe the take out was ever closed at Swaseys based on the regulations . . . Going forward might be helpful if we all only post confirmed info and not speculation.
CRP85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #48

Salida, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1983
The date of the order ending is May 29th. I'll attach the actual order here,which seems clear as mud, but the gist of it is:

Non-Commercial Camping

●In Grand County, all campgrounds on public lands shall remain closed. All dispersed camping areas on public lands shall remain closed, except for Essential Workers and Primary Residents of Grand County, Utah, Spanish Valley, Utah, and Green River, Utah.
●An Essential Visitor is any individual renting, lodging, or camping for an amount of timeless than 30 days for the purposes of work within Grand County, or for an employer within Grand County, and their spouse and dependents. Primary Residents are any individuals renting lodging for periods of greater than 30 days, or who are permanent residents of Grand County.

What I'm seeing is you can indeed run the river, you just can't camp... Note at the end of the order, it gives the local police and sheriff authority to enforce, but that's pretty vauge..

This information came from here https://www.seuhealth.com/covid-19
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 0df2c0_c1f6e0f000a54a1680a73671f8b43c4d.pdf (110.0 KB, 13 views)
MNichols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #49

Nederland, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNichols View Post

What I'm seeing is you can indeed run the river, you just can't camp... Note at the end of the order, it gives the local police and sheriff authority to enforce, but that's pretty vauge..

This information came from here https://www.seuhealth.com/covid-19
You just can't camp on river left, which is Grand County. You can camp on river right, which is Emery County.
RidgeLivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #50

West By God, Wyoming
Paddling Since: 1999
Are trips limited to ten people and if so when is that restriction currently scheduled to expire?
Paddle Iraq is offline   Reply With Quote