Corona virus effects on Launches? - Mountain Buzz

Old 3 Weeks Ago   #1

Granby, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2015
Corona virus effects on Launches?

Hey guys, so I work at a ski resort in Colorado and currently our administration is reacting to any potential Corona issues by canceling a lot of events and closing things down.

Does anyone have any information or rumors on whether or not permits will be affected? As far as allowing people to access the rivers?

Deadlock281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 3 Weeks Ago   #2

FOCO, Colorado
Paddling Since: 91
Honestly if they start shutting everything down, Iím headed to the river. Perfect place to get away from all of it.
Critter70 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #3
Sponsoring Vendors

Paddling Since: 1994
Don't give them any ideas.

River trips are small group and outside which limits exposure. Don't make out with your buddies in the kitchen and wash your hands. If someone is coughing , take them off kitchen duty, per usual and you might not want to share a tent. Norovirus is a bigger threat on the river.

I mean, yes! Cancel your permits while you can get your money back!
zbaird is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 3 Weeks Ago   #4

C. Springs, Colorado
Thank god we have the bestest and greatest leader the world has ever seen...... running this reality TV show.......It's a political hoax I tell ya. The Dems are behind this......it's all fake news. Vote MAGA and it will all be gone in a few weeks.

(anyone have a roll of toilet paper I can borrow???)
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #5

Golden, Colorado
Apparently, in the post apocalyptic world, a roll of toilet paper will be the currency of choice. WHo knew?

It is an interesting glimpse into how rapidly stooopid things will get if something actually bad ever happens.

As for rumors....I heard in China, 10 days after dying from the virus, the victims start coming back to life and shuffling around the streets, eating rats. So bring that AR 15 on your river trips for that possibility, too. There was a OARS commercial trip that went sick and then missing down in the Grand Canyon last week...so be ready. Truth!
griz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #6

wilson, Wyoming
Paddling Since: 1967
I'm floating the Salt in two weeks, driving down from Wyoming. I'm concerned that Governors will call out the National Guard to block roads while I'm down there, and I won't be able to get home.
tetoncounty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #7

A valid concern in my opinion. Travel restrictions are already in play.
jbolson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #8

C. Springs, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by tetoncounty View Post
I'm floating the Salt in two weeks, driving down from Wyoming. I'm concerned that Governors will call out the National Guard to block roads while I'm down there, and I won't be able to get home.
I think you'll have problems leaving the state instead of returning home. At least you have a couple of weeks to watch the situation unfold. I feel for you and anyone else with near future travel plans. Good luck buzzards.
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #9

Arvada, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1987
I heard the coronavirus was attached to successful Yampa launch emails for trips between June 22 and July 10. I recommend dropping them today.

JK...but watching rec.gov...
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #10

Golden, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1974
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbolson View Post
A valid concern in my opinion. Travel restrictions are already in play.
I agree. An abundance of caution now is much better than an abundance of regret later. These aren't firm numbers but potentially over 5x more contagious, 5x more latent and 5x the mortality of the common flu in my age group is a bug not to trivialize.
GeoRon is offline   Reply With Quote