Clear Creek-Dumont - Mountain Buzz

Old 06-20-2013   #1

lakewood, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2010
Clear Creek-Dumont

There is a piece of Rebar in the shape of a question mark about 3' long just left of river center in some boggy water within the first couple of warm up rapids. I have only paddled this twice, didn't see it the first time. i know there is a lot of crap on the bank but this on is in the water

njcasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-20-2013   #2

Golden, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1985
I think that one has been there. But will I'll look around on tomorrows trips, new crap shows up after high water. Thanks for the heads up!

FYI- The ledge drop (Guide Ejector) above Double Knife changed on the Kermits section, easier at current levels 650-950cfs @ Lawson.
Old 06-21-2013   #3

Would welcome any more info. Was planning on running from Dumont to Chicago creek for the first time tomorrow or this weekend.

Easily avoidable? Any more specific details on location, looking at this map? http://www.co.clear-creek.co.us/Docu...r/Home/View/98
spthomson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-21-2013   #4

Golden, Colorado
It's Clear Creek assume there is metal and crap everywhere. I've found whole sections of mine cart track, raft guides have been cut up by culverts....& the blast rock (oh yeah, romancing the stone).

Most of the bad stuff that is near the main flow just comes out at low water.
Old 06-21-2013   #5

lakewood, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2010
in general the rapids are clean / fun, most are discrete drops where it is a bit hard to see the rapid until you start, there are more waves then holes but a few sticky ones ... the rebar i saw was in the first 10 minutes just left of center in a are with no rapid...
njcasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013   #6

Shit Creek, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
I noticed that rebar on Tuesday and yesterday. It's right I. The line I usually float through right there. Very easy to move right, probably showing even more now. Could be really bad for an inflatable or a Kayaker floating sideways.
Old 06-21-2013   #7

Golden, Colorado
It is a new one, if you guys put in at Lawson and not Dumont. Left of my line but definitely in the general line. It's in the little rapid behind the Lawson trailer park (Foreplay).
Old 06-21-2013   #8

Thanks for the info. Sounds like it's above Dumont put in, so should be a non-issue for me. I will be in an inflatable, raft and/or ducky, so it is of concern otherwise.
Old 06-25-2013   #9

Shit Creek, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Rebar looked especially nasty today, but even easier to spot. Will approach the landowners on river left (closest to rebar) and see if I can use their driveway to get it out of there. May need to wait until water drops and use some special "rescue tools" from NASCAR a friend of mine has. Nice to have connections with cool tools....
Old 06-25-2013   #10

I'm not particularly handy, but if you need an extra set of hands when you try to get it out, let me know. I'd be happy to help if I can.