Carbondale Boatramp Improvement Workday - Mountain Buzz

Old 03-30-2017   #1

Glenwood Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: '05
Carbondale Boatramp Improvement Workday

Hey Roaring Fork boaters!

If you are one of the many people who have used and enjoyed the Carbondale boatramp over the last few years, come work with Roaring Fork Outdoor Volunteers on May 6th to make it even better!

We will be improving the ramp itself, adding clear signage, a river overlook, as well as a kayaker friendly access point.

Come work with friends and fellow boaters from 8:00 AM to 5 PM on Saturday May 6th, and enjoy light breakfast and a full dinner provided by RFOV. This event is family friendly, so bring the kiddos and a sack lunch, sunscreen and your water bottle, and get the season started off right!

Click the link below to sign up or get more information.

2017 Public Projects « rfov.org

LeftOfCenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2017   #2

Westminster, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2008
Any need to bring tools? Shovels, etc?

Do unto those downstream as you would have those upstream do unto you.
Old 03-31-2017   #3

May 6th Carbondale Ramp Work

No need to bring any tools, RFOV (and partners) will provide all the tools and materials needed for the project, as well as trained crew leaders for each project. We just need volunteers willing to spend their day with us to improve this very popular access point.

Feel free to check out our website, rfov.org, for past projects and contact info for any further questions!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2017   #4

Westminster, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2008
I'm signed up. Looking forward to helping out.

Sent from my iPad using Mountain Buzz
Old 04-02-2017   #5

basalt, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2007
Which "carbondale boat ramp" is this. RFOV didn't specify either. Pink Bridge? under the hotel? Why do kayakers need a separate launch? I've launched from a fingernail before. kayakers should be able to utilize same as rafters. no need to alter more riparian habitat.
I don't mean to rain on a volunteer river improvement parade, not my intent at all. Just a few thoughts.
T-Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017   #6

Good Questions

No raining at all, those are excellent questions.

- Pink Bridge is the boatramp we are working on

- And yes, I, too, am unsure why a 'kayak access point' made the initial cut in the program layout. However, more specific plans for the work day will actually be hammered out this week as partners meet on site to discuss. I will be weighing in personally with the perspective that what the recreational boating community needs is not a kayak access point but rather a staging area that is grassy or paved and out of the way, as well as a small picnic table or park area for family or shuttle bunnies to wait, again, out of the way. As well as two clearly marked lanes.

I will post after our meeting to clarify the priorities identified.

Anyone who is signed up for the project will also receive much more detailed information via email (check your spam :-/) as the date approaches.

Again, feel free to post with more concerns or questions that I could bring to the partner meeting for the project this week.
Old 05-02-2017   #7

Awesome, Colorado
Any further details on what this project entails? My wife and I are looking forward to helping out!
climbbd510 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017   #8
Plunk your magic twanger!

New Castle, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/o/50413/...vent_KEY=95193

See you there!
Gremlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017   #9

Carbondale, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftOfCenter View Post
a staging area that is grassy or paved and out of the way, as well as a small picnic table or park area for family or shuttle bunnies to wait, again, out of the way. As well as two clearly marked lanes.
^^^What? There's no need for a grassy nor a paved area for staging. There's already people camping down there now, this will just encourage more. You want to reduce the ramp to 2 lanes, when there's ample room for 3 now?
watermonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017   #10

Roaring Fork River, Colorado
I like it. Wish I was in town to apply some hard work.

My thoughts though, because I don't want to loose this one;
Although the ramp that needs love is Black bridge/west bank. No parking, then they block ramp by parking, turning around in private driveways, super rocky, Only One Lane. Word has it the locals in the neighborhood are complaining to sheriffs office about the river access issues. We need to address these issue's before we lose it.
Trout Scout is offline   Reply With Quote