It's that time of year again where we have had several bear sightings along the Colorado River in Ruby-Horsethief. Please remember to be Bear Aware:
BE BEAR AWARE
• Keep a clean camp. All food, toothpaste, soda and juices, and other bear attractants should be secured away from tents. While away from camp, secure food and garbage.
• Properly store food and garbage away from your tent
• Never sleep in the clothes you cooked in
• Keep your tent free of strong smelling lotions, perfumes and food
• Keep your pets leashed and secure their food between meals. Loose dogs can startle bears and cause them to chase the dogs back to their owners.
• Avoid surprising bears by making noise, as bears will avoid you if they can hear or smell you.
• Always give a bear space. Never approach, crowd, pursue or displace a bear you see ahead on the trail.
• Never get between a mother and her cub even if the cub appears to be alone or sick.
Click the link below for more bear safety tips!