5 minute survey for the Upper Colorado River Wild and Scenic Stakeholder Group - Mountain Buzz

Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > River Access & Safety Alerts!

Unread 2 Weeks Ago   #1

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1997
5 minute survey for the Upper Colorado River Wild and Scenic Stakeholder Group

Hello All,

I did not see this posted elsewhere on the site via search. Apologies, if it was already posted elsewhere.

If you enjoy access to the Upper Colorado River, please fill out this 5 minute survey. There is a sign up for a drawing to win a $100.00 gift card at the end of the survey. You must complete the survey and gift card entry before end of day October 29, 2019 in order to be eligible for the drawing.

This survey was commissioned by the Upper Colorado River Wild and Scenic Stakeholder Group.

Description:

"Please take some time to provide valuable information regarding your river use and experiences in Colorado. This survey will take about 5 minutes to complete.

The survey is being conducted on behalf of the Upper Colorado River Wild & Scenic Stakeholder Group. It is being distributed to a variety of recreation user groups; you have received the survey because your email is associated with one or more of these groups. Your responses will help improve our understanding of use on the Upper Colorado River. Thank you for participating in this short survey.

As a bit of extra incentive, there will be an opportunity at the end of this survey to sign up for a drawing for a $100 Visa gift card."

Simply follow the link below to help guide the future of the Upper Colorado River:

Start Survey

Or copy and paste the following link into your web browser address bar:

Re-directing

Here is a link from American Whitewater:
UPPER COLORADO RIVER USER SURVEY

FeralDirtbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 2 Weeks Ago   #2

Roaring Fork Valley, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2008
Thanks for posting, survey submitted!
Blade&Shaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Weeks Ago   #3

Golden, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1974
Thanks for the heads up. I did the survey and plan to be the winner so please don't do the survey.
GeoRon is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 2 Days Ago   #4

permits?

If you forgot to fill out this survey and you run this stretch, take the time to fill it out. What is stake here (my opinion) is the possibility of this becoming a permitted river. There have been a ton of improvements on this river but it can get to be a zoo on the popular weekends. I believe that while this is a problem, adding a permit process for camping is not the answer.
You need to fill out the survey to help this group make some decisions.

Thanks
zercon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Days Ago   #5

Avon, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1997
Zercon is 100% correct. Permiting these sections is not the answer. Things are cleaned up for the better, let's see if that works for a few years. I have never NOT found a camping spot, even in July and August.
ENDOMADNESS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Hours Ago   #6

Golden, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1974
This is a tough one for me. I love the concept of controlling your own circumstances. Which means you launch and make decisions.

However, on this river that I seem to be spending a lot of time on that doesn't result in best practices. River runners launch and float and camp without regard to accountability. Bull shit equipment, bull shit ethics, etc.

Not all of our fellow river runners exercise best practices and they should be accountable and the only way I know to do that is via reservations. That is, if anyone comes across bad behavior hopefully it can be reported and someone will be accountable as the most previous user and they should be and will be punished.

Maybe I think too much of reservations and processes but based on experience it seems to work on other over used(over loved) rivers.
GeoRon is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
colorado river