2020 Middle Fork Hazards and Access Thread - Page 4 - Mountain Buzz

Old 04-27-2020   #31

Denver, Colorado
Spoke with a woman in the Middle Fork Ranger District office today. As of 3 days ago the governor has issued a “Rebound Idaho” 4 stage process to opening back up the state. We have a 5/20 permit and fall in line with stage 2 of the re-open plan. We are allowed to launch but must keep the group to under 10 people. So the way it stands currently, the river will re-open starting 5/16 but be under more strict guidelines than usual until 5/30. I have attached a link to the Governors plan below that the ranger’s said they will adhere to in opening up Boundary creek and the river.

https://rebound.idaho.gov/stages-of-reopening/

dmcgrew18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-28-2020   #32
no tengo

Baytopia, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1876
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmcgrew18 View Post
We have a 5/20 permit and fall in line with stage 2 of the re-open plan. We are allowed to launch but must keep the group to under 10 people.

https://rebound.idaho.gov/stages-of-reopening/
Your link says stage 2 still includes a 14 day self isolation for visitors. I am assuming that doesn't mean you get to go all the way to the put-in and start counting that as your isolation. did the feds say anything about that and did they also confirm launches must have 10 or less? thanks.
mania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020   #33

Kalispell, Montana
Paddling Since: 1997
this is great news, dmcgrew18, thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mania View Post
Your link says stage 2 still includes a 14 day self isolation for visitors. I am assuming that doesn't mean you get to go all the way to the put-in and start counting that as your isolation. did the feds say anything about that and did they also confirm launches must have 10 or less? thanks.
Yes, this?
MT4Runner is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-28-2020   #34

Boise, Idaho
Interesting. I have a 5/17 launch date. My group all live in Idaho in Idaho (so no 14 day quarantine process for us). A lot of other factors are at play, but we may be one of the first groups on the river this year.
IDriverRunner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020   #35

Teton Village, Wyoming
Paddling Since: 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by MT4Runner View Post
this is great news, dmcgrew18, thank you!

Yes, this?
Stage 2 of the reopening plan says you still need to self isolate for 14 days. Stage 3 the self isolation is discontinue.

Turning the corner June 4th!
lnug84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020   #36
no tengo

Baytopia, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1876
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDriverRunner View Post
Interesting. I have a 5/17 launch date. My group all live in Idaho in Idaho (so no 14 day quarantine process for us). A lot of other factors are at play, but we may be one of the first groups on the river this year.
You are probably right if you look on rec gov it looks like they pulled the reservations through the 15th to match with the Idaho rebound. usfs page hasn't been updated yet. Have fun let us know how it goes.

Quote:
The wild Salmon River and the Middle Fork of the Salmon River are closed to floating through May 15. All existing reservations through May 15 will be cancelled on these two rivers. As cancellations are processed, emails will be sent to those affected, and all prepaid fees will be automatically refunded.

Existing reservations beyond May 15 are still in place, but these reservations may be affected in the future. New reservations after the closure can still be created; however, these will not be eligible for roll-over consideration if cancelled at a later date.
mania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020   #37

Denver, Colorado
Unsure on the self isolation part. The employee just gave me the web address to find the information but in the same breath did state that from the 16th-the end of May that the groups would need to adhere to the guidelines of groups 10 or smaller. I will get in contact with her again today, ask about self isolation, and then report back!
dmcgrew18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020   #38

Moab, Utah
So if you're from out of state, you cant launch before Stage 3 is implemented? Or in other words, if you have a permit before May 30 and you're from out of state, you're SOL.
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020   #39

Boise, ID
Paddling Since: '99
I don't think anyone has clarified that yet.
Conundrum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020   #40

Colorado Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1974
Seems like now it’s time to fire back up the annual discussion of road conditions, snow shoveling, wood in Marsh Ck etc. Looking forward to it
duct tape is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
access