Roto Pax meets Whitewater - Mountain Buzz

Old 03-26-2015   #1
Ty Thomas

Boise, Idaho
Paddling Since: 1997
Roto Pax meets Whitewater

Take a look at this new way to attach a water jug to your frame!

Click here to see the website

Pulsefabrivergear is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2015   #2

East of the Pine beatle, Colorado
3 gallons for $250~

Sent from my SM-N900V using Mountain Buzz mobile app
Osseous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015   #3

$245 with a three gallon water jug. Sweet! I'll take two.
Jamie D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2015   #4
Ty Thomas

Boise, Idaho
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osseous View Post
3 gallons for $250~

$250 gets you the 3 gallon jug, Pax lock, the board and mounting Harware. Not sure if there was confusion or cracking a joke?

Cheers
Pulse Fab
Old 03-26-2015   #5

East of the Pine beatle, Colorado
$250 gets you the ability to carry just 3 gallons of water on the river. Why would you occupy the space with just 3 gallons? If you're on a multi day trip, that's not nearly enough. If you're on a day trip or an overnight, just keep it in your cooler.

Osseous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015   #6

Seattle, Washington
hey, that is pretty neat! I like the low profile, I especially like the no-strap quick release. what kind of testing has the product undergone? were I to flip or wrap, is that device gonna retain my water or will plastic parts shatter?

Can I upgrade to a 5 gallon option?

I'd consider paying, if the jugs were priced competitively, and it were ~$50 to spend on the fancy attachment system. Even better would be a slick rigging system like this that would accept the standard Scepter/UN water 5 gallon jugs.

Great to see some innovation and new ideas, this looks well executed. Thanks for sharing. I hope you can make the price point work out a bit better.
slickhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015   #7

Colorado Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1974
Check this out. You can probably make your own. Most of us that ride Adv motorcycles use these in various forms.

Fuel Cans : Gas Pack : Gasoline Containers : RotopaX.com
duct tape is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015   #8

montrose, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
Looks like just the 3 gal jug is $100 from the manufacturer. So for around $800 you'll have enough water carring capacity to do desert multi day trips with the fam. But of course, thats without any spiffy mounting boards.

I'll pass. Now if somebody could come up with a nice insulated water cooler that is tough and easy to rig I would be interested, but probably not if it was hundreds of dollars.
mikepart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015   #9
Ty Thomas

Boise, Idaho
Hi everyone. Thanks for the feed back. Its been a lot of work designing and trying to bring a product to market. I have been receiving mixed reviews and I take no offense to the bad/negative.

Here is my point of view/response to the early post on price.

1.) I am producing this product in such small numbers at the beginning and thus my production cost on plastic and the cutting process (CNC router) is higher than it would be if I can go to a mold and larger runs.
2.) I can't control the price that Roto Pax charges for their jugs and locks.
3.) Yes, 3 gallons is not very much water but if you use two boards and jugs it gives you an additional 6 gallons on top of the other large jugs we typically have in the sturn.
5.) The 3 or 6 gallons you carry with my system could simply be your personal water or for emergency only.
4.) My products are not generally intended/design for day tripping but there is no reason you couldn't use them for that.
5.) Roto Pax offers locks that will allow you to stack the jugs.

My take on rigging a boat is that your boat frame is the strongest and most useful part of a boat and I am trying to design products that utilize any open space on a frame to create a quick release point.

You can see my boat set up on our site:

Thanks again for the feed back! Its great to get any info.

Pulse Fab
Old 03-26-2015   #10
Ty Thomas

Boise, Idaho
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickhorn View Post
hey, that is pretty neat! I like the low profile, I especially like the no-strap quick release. what kind of testing has the product undergone? were I to flip or wrap, is that device gonna retain my water or will plastic parts shatter?

Can I upgrade to a 5 gallon option?

I'd consider paying, if the jugs were priced competitively, and it were ~$50 to spend on the fancy attachment system. Even better would be a slick rigging system like this that would accept the standard Scepter/UN water 5 gallon jugs.

Great to see some innovation and new ideas, this looks well executed. Thanks for sharing. I hope you can make the price point work out a bit better.
Hello Slickhorn. Thanks for the positive feed back!

As for testing. No flip tests have been conducted on the new Water Board but we have done extensive flip testing on our other, similar product: Pulse Mother Board and it has held up great. The plastic is called High Density Polyethylene and it does not shatter or crack. Its cool stuff! We supply four rubber insulated metal mounting straps.

A 5 gallon option is available. If you do some research on the Roto Pax site, you can order different "Pax Locks" that allow you to stack the jugs one on top of the next. My issue with stacking is at a certain point the center of gravity gets too high and thats a whole other mess.

The jug pricing has been mentioned before. I do agree that the jugs are a little on the high side for price but they are soo darn easy and convenient. Let me know if you have other questions and I will definitely let you know when the price point changes- LOL

Pulse Fab