RiverGuide for the iPhone - Free Coupons - Mountain Buzz

Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Other Chatter > Commercial Posts

Old 09-21-2009   #1

New York, New York
Paddling Since: 1988
RiverGuide for the iPhone - Free Coupons

I have 5 free coupons for RiverGuide for the iPhone and iPod touch. If you would like one send an email to RiverGuideAdmin at me dot com.

Complete feature lists and screen shots are available at the App website.

http://www.RiverGuideForKayakers.com

We made the following updates to the application:

June 16, 2009 - River Forecasting (version 2.4)

Sept 8, 2009 - Daily and Weekly Stream Flow Charts (version 2.5)

Sept 21, 2009 - River Maps (version 2.6 - submitted to Apple Sept.20th - should be available as a free update with a week or two)

RiverGuideForKayakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-21-2009   #2

Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
This is very cool...even if you don't have a coupon.
Old 09-21-2009   #3

Idaho Falls, Idaho
This is a great application - now I just have to find a good way to keep the iphone dry but usable.

While it is really good as it is, there are a couple of minor improvements I would make.

The first I'd like to see would be allowing you to alter the name of a gauge - for example, be able to change Green River at Green River, WY to Green River WW Park. This is fairly minor, but would be nice.

The other I would love to see is the ability to set custom flow levels. For example, a gauge may be showing as Medium flow level, but could be low for my purposes. Along with this, I'd also like to be alerted if the flow reaches a certain level - i.e. push a notification or even email or text if River X is flowing at 6000 cfm.
j_gets is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-22-2009   #4

Longmont, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
I purchased this app the day i bought my i-phone and I think it isn't really that great, especially for 5 bucks. Sorry.

Maybe if you were traveling around and needed to know what is flowing nearby, yes, but I usually know where I am going and where to get better information.

Not really that cool, other than that it was first to market. blah.
tellutwurp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009   #5

Boulder, Colorado
Can't you just get on the internet on that phone and look at eddyflower/AW ?
tj@cu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009   #6

3, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2008
I bought this app last year I think, anyway, I think its pretty good! Especially when I'm not near a computer, I can pick up my iPhone and check the flows pretty easy using my favorites.
Granted, there are some things I'd like to see on it but its a good app.
Scotty V.;
Scottsfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009   #7

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Sounds pretty cool -but I don't know any kayakers who can afford an iphone...
pbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009   #8

Indian Hills, Colorado
For non-iphone, but smart phone users, phateye mobile flows is nice. For Colorado boaters, the DWR streamflow page runs pretty smooth on mobile.
DanOrion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009   #9

Eagle, Colorado
Send a message via AIM to matts Send a message via MSN to matts Send a message via Yahoo to matts Send a message via Skype™ to matts
This IS a sweet app - we used it a ton this summer - thanks for the updates... keep em coming!
matts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009   #10

New York, New York
Paddling Since: 1988
Great Idea...

I have been thinking about the best way to implement push notification. Probably tying it to the users Favorite Rivers list and sending a notification when a river in the list reaches a certain threshold...bottom line I like the idea and will see what I can do.

Also we are constantly getting feedback from RiverGuide users on the min/max thresholds for river sections and tweek the setting in our server database accordingly. So if there's a river section your intimate with, have input to the min/max levels, then send me an email (RiverGuideAdmin at me dot com) and I'll see what we can do.

As for the river section names, I have also tweeked these based on RiverGuide user input for the betterment of everyone, so again if you have input as to what would be a better name for a given section, fire off an email.

Regards...

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_gets View Post
This is a great application - now I just have to find a good way to keep the iphone dry but usable.

While it is really good as it is, there are a couple of minor improvements I would make.

The first I'd like to see would be allowing you to alter the name of a gauge - for example, be able to change Green River at Green River, WY to Green River WW Park. This is fairly minor, but would be nice.

The other I would love to see is the ability to set custom flow levels. For example, a gauge may be showing as Medium flow level, but could be low for my purposes. Along with this, I'd also like to be alerted if the flow reaches a certain level - i.e. push a notification or even email or text if River X is flowing at 6000 cfm.
RiverGuideForKayakers is offline   Reply With Quote