Predator Helmets = Best Prices & Custom Airbrushing - Mountain Buzz

Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Other Chatter > Commercial Posts

Old 02-13-2010   #1

Fredericksburg, Virginia
Predator Helmets = Best Prices & Custom Airbrushing

Just letting everyone know we lowered our prices on our Predator Helmets.

Predator Kayak Helmets

We are also offering custom airbrushing on our predator kayak helmets for a fee of $40.
This will include basic design and your name/nickname across the back of the helmet.

Email me at [email protected] for more information or questions regarding airbrushing helmets. We have a good list of helmets that we are currently working on so turnaround time is about a week right now.

-Jonny

JonnyHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2010   #2
Don

Preacher of the Profit Paddling Since: 1990
Don't worry about the paint...

Find a stiffer plastic. These helmets are right on par with Pro-tec. Which isn't saying much.

IMO... save the money on the paint and buy a Shred Ready, Sweet, or WRSI helmet. No one cares how pretty it is, if you need help with learning to walk or read again afte a head injury. Just because is the cheapest doesn't mean you're getting the best deal. Do yourself and your family a service and buy safer helmet.
Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010   #3

x, x
Paddling Since: x
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don View Post
Find a stiffer plastic. These helmets are right on par with Pro-tec. Which isn't saying much.

IMO... save the money on the paint and buy a Shred Ready, Sweet, or WRSI helmet. No one cares how pretty it is, if you need help with learning to walk or read again afte a head injury. Just because is the cheapest doesn't mean you're getting the best deal. Do yourself and your family a service and buy safer helmet.
There is some truth for you right there, people.

Seriously, improve protection in the shell and over all impactability of the helmet. no one should care about looks, but they do. we see your side of it too, cheaper to add flash to plastic than plastic to plastic and catch an eye. I have a pro-tec and an FNA there is a time and a place for each, but i know this.
bobbuilds is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2010   #4

Aspen, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1994
In a helmet the shell is for distributing the forces, and the liner is for absorbing them.. That said, I don't think paddling impact velocities/forces necessarily warrant high dollar composite shells. The forces in a waterfall drop might, casual river running maybe not. Each person needs to be the judge for their needs. I would use any of those helmets for river running like Westwater or playboating, even though I hit my head way more often in my playboat.
ZGjethro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010   #5

Fredericksburg, Virginia
I agree and disagree. Each person needs to make the decision on the types of helmet he/she will need.Every helmet will have its pro/cons. These helmets are great for many types of kayaking and they are great quality. They may not be the strongest helmet on the market but you can't always be #1 in everyone eyes.

BTW: Two more orders in for Predator Lee custom jobs will post pics of helmets when complete.
Old 02-15-2010   #6

Aspen, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1994
JonnyHawk, I was not dissing your products, and after reading about the predator I would Creek with it. I know a lot of hot boaters use the stylish cap helmets creeking, but I find their coverage to be too minimal for my liking. Personal preference.
ZGjethro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010   #7

Fredericksburg, Virginia
Gethro. Sorry was not implying that at all. Just letting everyone know that helmet choices are quite simply personal preference. Kind of similar to motorcycle. Some guys like full facemask while some prefer a skull cap that wouldnt protect you at 10 mph. These helmets are great quality at a great price. Definately quality goods as you will find many great reviews on them if you look around. Happy Paddling everyone and thanks for the comments.

By the way we do offer airbrushing on your own helmet. Does not have to be purchased through our site. Still $40 per helmet(Not including shipping)
Old 02-15-2010   #8

Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 1999
personally i use a predator lee full face and love it. i dont plan on taking a 100 ft waterfall straight to the rocks so what i use it for great! and ifi did take that hit i would feel safer in a predator than way a fake shred ready snap apart helmet.
caspermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010   #9

Littleton, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
Predators are pretty good for a cheap helmet. I like my Sweet better though.

H-Bomb
double-H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010   #10

Fredericksburg, Virginia
The Predator Full Face helmets are awesome. They are one of the most popular in that style. Sweet Helmets are great helmets also.

Tags
predator kayak helmets