New WEBSITE please take a look! - Mountain Buzz

Old 03-08-2009   #1

Albany, Oregon
New WEBSITE please take a look!

With the help of Mania we have a new website up and running. There is much more to come but its a start and you can get a look at what we make and how me make it. Thanks RecreTec Mfg. RecreTec Manufacturing Inc. - Dry Boxes, Camp Tables, Raft and Cataraft Frames

RecreTec is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2009   #2
no tengo

Baytopia, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1876
I/we welcome your constructive feedback. websites are all about the user so if something is not helpful let us know.

I for one look forward to getting my RecreTec gear since from all I have heard/seen this stuff is bomber.
mania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009   #3
LSB
Renaissance Redneck

Huson, Montana
Paddling Since: 1988
Nice Gear, Nice clean site... glad to not see a bunch of flashy gimmick pics. maybe some pics of the gear on the river and as backgrounds etc. That captins box looks like it could make a sweet groover w/ some mods.
I'm happy to volunteer as a photographer / product tester...
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2009   #4

Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2001
Very clean and to the point! I agree with LSB. Too many sites rely on Flash extravaganzas that are bandwidth pigs. You have a site that presents the products well, and won't cause dial-up users (yes, they still exist!) to wait forever for the pages to load.

The product shots are well-lit and nicely executed, but again I agree with LSB: more on-the-river shots would be helpful. Also, I would toss in some close-up detail shots of the the boxes and frames such as you have of the Thole Pins. Websites evolve, and you've got an outstanding starting place.

Mania - can you PM me links to some other sites you've built?
Old 03-09-2009   #5

Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
My comment was the same as Steve's. It would be nice to click on the product photos to get a close up or more detailed photo. Is Andy going to sign up to offer these products?

Mania also recently finished www.durangojoes.com nice job!
rivermanryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009   #6

Jacksonville, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1990
Good looking stuff... looks to be well built, simple, and tough. Very nice simple interface with no bells/whistles. Good work!

I'm sure there are other things coming, with specs on different models/sizes of frames. I agree about the "action shots."

I don't mean to pry (so feel free to tell me to shut the hell up if I am), but I noticed the old style of "Recretec" frame is still for sale at cascade outfitters under a different name/slightly different look. Must have been a parting of ways? You kept the name, they kept the aluminum design kind of thing?

And by the way, are you just going to focus on steel frames, not necessarily aluminum? By the look of the boxes, you damn sure know your way around an arc welder.
Old 03-09-2009   #7
gh

pnw, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by rivermanryan View Post
My comment was the same as Steve's. It would be nice to click on the product photos to get a close up or more detailed photo. Is Andy going to sign up to offer these products?

Mania also recently finished www.durangojoes.com nice job!
Ditto, have the pic click do a bigger, detailed image and for the other comment, nice and clean and very quick.
Old 03-09-2009   #8

Portland, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1986
It's clean, fast, easy to navigate. 5 stars.

I would agree that an enlarged view of the products would be great.

My one suggestion would be a photo journal of a start to finish manufacture of a product (without giving away trade secrets). People like to see how things are made, attention to detail, ect.

Very nice site. Kudos.
Wirednoodle is offline   Reply With Quote