New Jackson Creeker - the Villain - Mountain Buzz

Old 12-15-2009   #1

Durango, Colorado
New Jackson Creeker - the Villain

Details at this point are minimal, but expect it to be out some time early this spring.

Check out www.4CornersKayak.com for more.

storm11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-15-2009   #2

Northern Utah, Utah
Paddling Since: 1990
Yawn.....where did they get that name from, almost sounds like it came from the old Riot rolladex of names (Trickster, Prankster, Dominatrix.........)

Oh, I get it now (okay, I'm slow) - the "Hero" vs. the "Villian"......
FatmanZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009   #3

surrounded by mountains, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1981
Looks like they've got another hit. I've said it before, there need only be two whitewater boat companies, JK and WS, and JK seems to now be dominating. I still love my Diesel and Habitat, but the Hero and Punk Rocker became huge rivals to them. Now the Villian looks like it may take the prize. Kudos to JK.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-15-2009   #4

Colorado Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2008
I love my hero, but I hope they do something to improve the draw cord/rope outfitting system. That's the only thing I don't like about their boats.
Old 12-16-2009   #5

Newport, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1989
Let me qualify that I am in no way, shape or form an authority on creekboat designs but to say that "there need only be two whitewater boat companies, JK and WS" is a gross misrepresentation by my experience. To the contrary, the brands I see on the river are Dagger, Pryranha, LL and Prijon. I'm not sayin that JK and WS don't deserve some laurels but to say they are dominating the market? really?
Old 12-16-2009   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redpaddle View Post
Let me qualify that I am in no way, shape or form an authority on creekboat designs but to say that "there need only be two whitewater boat companies, JK and WS" is a gross misrepresentation by my experience. To the contrary, the brands I see on the river are Dagger, Pryranha, LL and Prijon. I'm not sayin that JK and WS don't deserve some laurels but to say they are dominating the market? really?
Redpaddle,

No offense to anyone. It is only one man's opinion, of course. Next season will be my 30th year of white water kayaking. In that time I have owned 17 or more boats and have paddled many others. Undeniably, all boats have been enjoyable to me. Over time there has been various leading design/perforamance dominance by different companies. In my opinion, Perception had it for a while, then Prijon, Dagger, Wave Sport, and possibly Jackson now. Again, just about any boat is capable of getting down the river and there are several top contending boats to justifiably credit as excellent tools. However, I would credit Wave Sport and Jackson as producing the top designs for performance and quality. And, as I have stated in the past, a third mentionable should give credit to Prijon for its advanced thinking in technology (HTP plastic) and having been somewhat inspirational in certain designs over the years. Right now, though, I see the Diesel and Habitat and the entire line of JK boats as dominating in design performance. It is my opinion that if you are going to buy a new boat it should be one of those. Maybe someday another manufacturer will come into leadership. I don't know how far boat designs can improve, but it seems to me that the all time best boats have come from WS and JK.
Old 12-16-2009   #7
gh

pnw, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Vanatta View Post
Looks like they've got another hit. I've said it before, there need only be two whitewater boat companies, JK and WS, and JK seems to now be dominating. I still love my Diesel and Habitat, but the Hero and Punk Rocker became huge rivals to them. Now the Villian looks like it may take the prize. Kudos to JK.
Fairly quick to decide arent you? You see two pictures of a prototype and its hit? I musta missed something.
Old 12-16-2009   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by gh View Post
Fairly quick to decide arent you? You see two pictures of a prototype and its hit? I musta missed something.
Time will certainly tell. As with the Diesel, ZG, Habitat, and Hero ... the design previews convinvced me that those designs were going to kill it. And they did. The Villain looks refined to me. I love the punk rocker already. What if it gets better? We'll see!

Cheers!
Ken
Old 12-16-2009   #9

Newport, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1989
Don't get me wrong Ken, I'm not trashin on WS or JK, in fact I really want an Allstar. This design looks like the Jefe or Nomad and given the clever name I bet JK is looking to offer both styles of creek boat under their flag. The hero for people who like edges (a la Burn) and the Villain for people who like displacement (a la Jefe).

I don't go through boats like popcorn like some folks but it seems to me that if someone really brought a good design to the table with a construction that would last a few hard seasons then they would have something to brag about rather than imitating established designs.

Maybe it will be the new pinnacle of whitewater boats, who knows? But maybe it will just be another rendition of the other displacement hulls out there, but this time with Happy Feet!
Old 12-16-2009   #10
Kayak/SUP Instructor

The High Ground, Colorado
Looks like a Jefe knock off with crappy outfitting.

Tags
4corners riversports, creek, jackson, villain, kayaking