Fellow nature lovers and paddlers - Mountain Buzz

Old 12-07-2007   #1

Orlando, Florida
Paddling Since: 1989
Fellow nature lovers and paddlers

Hello fellow boaters,

We really like the Forum. This is a great community forum.

I find myself a little sad at this site. My wife and I live in Orlando. I cannot begin to explain to you how I ended up here. I graduated from Cotopaxi H.S. in Colorado. My family owns The Last Resort right on the arkansas river in Howard Colorado. I could not have asked for a better life as a teenager and young adult. I miss the river and long for the time I can drop in again. I lost a few friends on that river. It's in my blood now. I really miss it.

Many parts of that life I have carried with me. It inspired me, it made up a lot of who I am. From this traffic ridden, insane life here in Orlando, I have found a little taste of that life again. I

My wife and I are on somewhat of a mission...a campaign as we like to call it. We have had treasured information and passion in our hearts for sometime now.

We have now found the way to share it.

Some of us may or may not know, or even care, about some real truths involving our health and in essence our lives and well-being.

Most of us don't realize anything is wrong until it is too late. When that time does come, they are bombarded by anyone and everyone that has the answer to save them. For those that are suffering, all this does is make matters worse.

Some people hear about "CONSPIRACIES" and think that there is a conspiracy to everything, and no one knows what to believe.

Enough with the negativity...

My wife and I are out to change that mindset.

We are in the process of creating the most simple, user friendly, massive website with regards to educating our fellow man in natural health.

Too many of us are living very unnaturally and don't even know it.

Just as I have come to a community forum that interests me, we hope that you will do the same.

Trust me...I guarantee you've never seen a site like this.

the natural health buzz.com is something that at times we don't understand where it came from. We just started talking about the idea and for some reason...with a ton of work, it has happened.

The site is far from completion. We just started 2 months ago. Neither one of us are computer geniuses...thats probably a good thing. We are very picky about sites we like. We don't like flashy sales sites, in fact we hate them. Like most of my fellow Americans, we see no heart in most sites. The American heart has turned hard, cold, and greedy. Money, Money, Money!

We however love the natural health buzz.com. We hope you find it to your liking as well.

We hope we are not being offensive by posting here. We are just very excited and want to share it with anyone we can.

Just to warn you, we do sell some pretty cool products there. But know this, the natural health buzz.com is not just the products, we're not just the Forum or our promotions.

the natural health buzz.com is more than a site, it is a world for you to explore any aspect of natural healthy living that you can think of.

We thank you for the opportunity and look forward to hearing from any of you. There are numerous ways for you to contact us at the site. We have a guest book, "The Buzz Forum", or you can e-mail us. Besides that, I have the notifier on.

You guys will be some of the first visitors to the site so please don't be shy. Besides, check out "The Buzz Promotions" to see how we give money away.

I would love to go on and on. We'll let the site do the talking.

We wish you much success!
And run one for me!

Tony and Michelle
founder of thenaturalhealthbuzz.com

naturalhealthbuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2007   #2

Englewood, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1978
Greg, Andy, somebody...Please nuke this thread!

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid."
- Soren Kierkegaard
Caspian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007   #3

Orlando, Florida
Where's the heart?

C'mon Caspian, where's the love. Have you even gone to see the site. And what's with the quote? I am expressing my freedom of speech with people that I can relate to here. I'm sorry if I'm a little excited about my site. We feel that we have something to offer everyone. Even mean people. I thought I might get a reply with regards to boating.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2007   #4

Somewhere on, Earth
Tony and Michelle,

We don't have an official policy towards spammy post like this, maybe we should. The issue is that you are brand new here, you never even introduced yourself and your site is way off topic for the Boating forum that you posted it in. I am going to move it to our "other topics" section but it might get pulled, the Buzz Crew will have to review our position on posts like yours.

The way I see it, if you have been an active member of the community, it's a whole different story. We want to take care of each other and so we let some things slide if the member is someone we know and respect.

I consider this the same as walking into a bar, not knowing anyone and passing out brochures. We would probably show you the door since we don't want strays to come in and pester our members like that. It's not about heart, it's about a community and not wanting people to come in and fill our free site with advertising posts.

Good luck with your site and mission...
Andy R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007   #5

Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Now this post is right where it belongs - with other solicitations and sales notices.

Tony - I'm not sure any commercial enterprise deserves the "love" that you're asking Caspian to show - you're selling products for commercial gain, regardless of however noble your enterprise may be. And as for the quote, that's been Caspian's tagline for a long time.

That said, if you want to, you could probably link your commercial website from your profile here on the Buzz. While you're at it, you may want to change the name of your "favorite run" so that the name of the rapid is correct - unless you know where there's actually a "Sunset Falls" on the Gorge.

Good luck selling stuff to folks - We often welcome to folks that are part of the community offering relevant goods for sale, it just seems a little spammy/slimy when someone joins and immediately makes their first post a sales pitch.

-AH
Nothing in the world is more yielding and gentle than water. Yet it has no equal for conquering the resistant and tough. The flexible can overcome the unbending; the soft can overcome the hard. - Lao Tse
Andy H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007   #6

Unincorporated Douglas County, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Well said, Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy H. View Post
Now this post is right where it belongs - with other solicitations and sales notices.

Tony - I'm not sure any commercial enterprise deserves the "love" that you're asking Caspian to show - you're selling products for commercial gain, regardless of however noble your enterprise may be. And as for the quote, that's been Caspian's tagline for a long time.

That said, if you want to, you could probably link your commercial website from your profile here on the Buzz. While you're at it, you may want to change the name of your "favorite run" so that the name of the rapid is correct - unless you know where there's actually a "Sunset Falls" on the Gorge.

Good luck selling stuff to folks - We often welcome to folks that are part of the community offering relevant goods for sale, it just seems a little spammy/slimy when someone joins and immediately makes their first post a sales pitch.

-AH
rwhyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007   #7

Orlando, Florida
I truly apologize

Honestly guys this was the first time that I have ever posted in a forum and mentioned our new site. I did feel uncomfortable and spent some time trying to figure out how not to be offensive. Please know we are very excited about our site. Our heart is really in it. Please don't think for a second that we are just trying to lure people in. Nice analogy on the bar scene. I have personally been on both sides of that topic. Neither side is very comfortable. I was with a buddy of mine one time selling meat out of a freezer in the back of his truck. One of his favorite stops was bars. I watched him pull a few sales out of strange bars where he knew no one. I also have seen him get told off more times than any sale. I don't know how he continues to sell like that. Needless to say his blood pressure is a little high and he has to self medicate to be normal. At least that's what he says.

I was hoping someone would pick up on the Gorge run. I will say this...I did not carry on from where a lot of my friends did. I joined the Navy and they stayed in the mountains. I haven't talked to many of them lately but I still have family in Howard that keeps up with the buzz. I was never what I would think of as a pro boater. It was a fight and at sometimes scary running the gorge. Nowhere to really bale. As with most things we did there, it was always very exciting. I really enjoyed Browns Canyon more. I never really saw much more of the river than that nor any others.

I truly apologize for any disruption I might have caused. Please note however that we are very passionate about our site. We believe that it is important to share it with anyone we can. Most mountain loving people are somewhat naturalists. I felt it might be of interest. If you check us out I bet you'll see what I mean. I would really like someone other than just my friends and family to give me their opinion.

Hey at least you didn't blacklist me. That's good cause I'd love to stick around. No more talk about the site though.
Old 12-08-2007   #8
gh

pnw, Colorado
I like how you guys turned spam into a adjective. spammy....too funny.
Old 12-10-2007   #9

Orlando, Florida
Adjective...

A word used to describe a noun or a pronoun. gh you are right, that is a great way to put it. I would really love to hear from someone that has been through Howard. Anyone know a guy by the name of Paul Byers from Howard.