Badfish Ocean Surfing Test - Mountain Buzz

Old 01-30-2011   #1

Salida, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1993
Badfish Ocean Surfing Test

Zack and I spent a couple days testing our Badfish River Surfing Series, 6'11" and 7'6" stand up boards in San Diego, last week. We know these boards rip on river waves, that is what they are designed to do, we were pleasantly surprised at how well the boards surfed down the line in the small, clean waves we got.

Mike Harvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2011   #2

Frisco, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2007
Cool,mike looks like alot of fun. Were in diego were you guys surfing? I grew up there, and being from a surfing back ground was wondering were I can demo a badfish here in colorado? Thanks.....Lance
Old 01-30-2011   #3

Denver,, exhaustion
lance... really? .....maybe the ads not always under the post but it looks like cks has them. btw, if you're doing the #s again let me know. lenny and i are wanting to get up there for a run if it stays open.
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2011   #4

Frisco, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2007
I know but when I asked last summer at cks a worker said you could demo in BV only. So I thought if I went threw the ''main man'', I could get one for the weekend and go to glenwood to surf before I buy? And I will give lenny a heads up next time I paddle #'s sorry didn't know how fun it was going to be. It was a blast worth the drive for sure, and are you down for NM ?......Lance
Old 01-30-2011   #5

Salida, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by LanceDog View Post
Cool,mike looks like alot of fun. Were in diego were you guys surfing? I grew up there, and being from a surfing back ground was wondering were I can demo a badfish here in colorado? Thanks.....Lance
Lance absolutely. We will be on the road this summer to different waves (Glenwood for sure) and will let people know via facebook (fan us if you are on the FB) and here. Also we will have a couple of boards over on the I-70 corridor this spring and summer for people to demo. You can stay in touch with me on the buzz or mike at badfishsurf dot com

Thanks for your interest!
Old 01-30-2011   #6

Salida, Colorado
by the way Lance we mostly surfed at Tourmaline. Cheers!
Old 01-30-2011   #7

Denver,, exhaustion
lance, yes the plan is to do the new mexico trip. janette's supposed to be coming too.
Old 01-30-2011   #8

Salida, Colorado

Old 01-31-2011   #9

Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 1999
Mike did you check out ocean beach at all or the sunset cliffs area to the south? Really good reef area where sets generally get a bit bigger.. probably received my worst beatdown in the water their when my uncle showed me. Had such a great time.. love san diego man hopefully you boys had a great time..
caspermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011   #10

Salida, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by caspermike View Post
Mike did you check out ocean beach at all or the sunset cliffs area to the south?
yes. my partner in Badfish, Zack grew up in San Diego so I have been to all those spots. We weren't really on a surfing mission as much as trying to catch waves inside and out of people's way,on our boards, to see how our new shapes would surf in the ocean. But yeah those spots are great. Now that we have seen how our boards surf I think we would be more willing to go out into the lineup and some different spots.