Lazy Sunday Float on the Platte - Mountain Buzz

Old 03-27-2010   #1

Broomfield, Colorado
Lazy Sunday Float on the Platte

Anyone up for a run on the Platte from Brighton to Ft. Lupton Sunday ? This is mellow flatwater, but it would be nice to float down the river and relax.

bill-y is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2010   #2
Jefe Driver

Colorado Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2007
I am so ready to get into the river that I would be game. What time are you thinking? Is there any water?
FreeKickHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010   #3

Broomfield, Colorado
was thinking about 1:00. there is plenty of water.
Untitled Page
bill-y is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2010   #4

Frisco, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2002
Send a message via AIM to troutslayer
I'm game for floating this section tomorrow. what time you thinking morning might be a little bit better with avoiding the wind 11 or 12ish?
troutslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010   #5

Nederland, Colorado
i know its not sunday anymore........ but i am so down to get in any water flat, brown, clear..... doesnt matter. hit me up if ya want to go this week. [email protected]
phyreriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010   #6
Come and open the gate

denver, Colorado
how was it?
stribtw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010   #7

Frisco, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2002
Send a message via AIM to troutslayer
We floated this in the afternoon monday. It was running right around 850cfs. Not the most exciting float ever, but it was nice to be on the water and had a beautiful day for it. There are two LITTLE rapid sections both class II at the most. I would say run the diversion dam to the left and make sure the gate is lifted high enough to get through it, it was runable on monday. There is a river wide strainer about 10 min. below the dam. There is a narrow opening big enough to fit my 14' raft through in the middle of the river between the Large river wide tree and the sand bar. Run on right side of sand bar close to bank. Otherwise great float tons of ducks, hawks, and we saw two bald eagles. Make sure to bring a couple cases of beer. It took us about 3.5 hours. make sure to wash the boat off after having it sit in the dirty street run off water.
troutslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010   #8
Come and open the gate

denver, Colorado
im thinking about checking this out saturday.
Old 04-01-2010   #9

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1993
thinking about raft-running this on sat 4-2, its really close to my house, but have never run it before, anyone one else interested let me know we can work out a shuttle or a couple of boats float.

I believe the put in is listed as Veterans Park, does this mean you have a .25 mile carry to the river???

I scouted this before but didnt find a put in off the road(riverdale or 124th)
Kendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010   #10
Come and open the gate

denver, Colorado
ive never done this section before, planning on checking it out on saturday. probably gonna try to putin about 11 or noon.

from the satellite pictures on googlemaps, it looks like there are a bunch of dams, or drops with lots of rocks in the river above the putin at veterans park. i dont know, but it doesnt look runnable above veterans.