Desolation Canyon Shuttle? - Page 6 - Mountain Buzz

Old 06-19-2014   #51

Orem, Utah
Paddling Since: 1997
Quote:
Originally Posted by cataraftgirl View Post
I just drove past there last weekend on the way to Flaming Gorge. The turn-off to Sand Wash is well marked, and there's a big fueling station (for the oil & gas field trucks?) there now. If you get to Myton itself you've gone too far.

I sent you a pm for info but it says your inbox is so loaded that you can't receive info until you delete and make space.

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz

Kinley is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-19-2014   #52

Riverton, Utah
Paddling Since: 1999
River Runners is good but...

One time River Runner Transport did take my truck over 102 mph with my raft trailer behind it (no raft because I was on it). We used them last weekend for a Yampa trip and they only got up to 82 mph this time. I have an Edge tuner on my truck and I always zero it out before we leave to see what they do/did with it. I don't care a whole bunch because I drive my truck pretty aggressively, but 102 with a trailer was a bit much.
bh5k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014   #53

Niwot, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by bh5k View Post
One time River Runner Transport did take my truck over 102 mph with my raft trailer behind it (no raft because I was on it). We used them last weekend for a Yampa trip and they only got up to 82 mph this time. I have an Edge tuner on my truck and I always zero it out before we leave to see what they do/did with it. I don't care a whole bunch because I drive my truck pretty aggressively, but 102 with a trailer was a bit much.
My recent experience with RR was they left my vehicle on empty (actually below empty) at swayzes. To their credit they were very, very apologetic and said this will never happen again and they're policy is not to do this. The ironic thing was that our vehicle was the lead vehicle and it was parked at the boat ramp with a sign on it saying there wasn't room for the other vehicles and they were down by the beach...so I had to take my vehicle - with almost no gas - to get the OTHER vehicles.
Advertisement

Old 06-20-2014   #54

Orem, Utah
This is all good to know. I'll get some spare gas and stow it in my truck just in case. Also someone should show this info to River Runners.

Old 06-20-2014   #55

Riverton, Utah
River Runners has been reading it. They seriously have been good to deal with. I was just a little bothered by the speed in which they drove my truck and trailer. They have contacted me to try and make it right.
Old 06-20-2014   #56

Avon, Colorado
River Runners is extremely professional. the 102 mph is one of their drivers who they have little control over (unless its repeated offenses). They are still the go to company for sure.
ENDOMADNESS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014   #57

Orem, Utah
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENDOMADNESS View Post
River Runners is extremely professional. the 102 mph is one of their drivers who they have little control over (unless its repeated offenses). They are still the go to company for sure.

They can always fire someone like that. That's plenty of control if you ask me. Just saying.

Old 06-28-2016   #58

Breckenridge, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENDOMADNESS View Post
DO NOT HIRE THIS COMPANY. We gave this company a go this past May and due to the dishonest nature of this situation that i'm about to apprise you of, the way the owners handled it and the lack of professionalism we and all of our rafting buddies have agreed it is not worth the headache and will be shuttling our own cars as we always have done in the past. Upon returning to our car after being on the river for 6 days I found that my car was left unlocked. When I got in my car I noticed that my brand new pair of Oakley sunglasses were removed from the case in my center console but the case was left there. This was very disappointing as I just purchased these days before the trip and bought a separate cheap pair so I didn't need to take these new ones on the river. I immediately contacted River Runners Transport and informed them of what has happened. The owner Melanie said she would look into this and get back to me. Three weeks went by with no call back. When I called them back to follow up Melanie said she would take care of it and to email her a receipt of the sunglasses, and my address. Melanie told me that she would call me back the same day. I sent the requested information to them and again did not receive a call back. When I called them the following day she put her husband Ed on the phone who had not been involved until now and he proceeded to tell me their driver is straight as an arrow and that there is no possible way they could have made a mistake or stolen my sunglasses. With profanity and disrespect Ed told me sorry not our fault and told me to go ahead and call the police. This is where is gets interesting. My fiancé got on the phone with Ed at that time and their lengthly conversation, of which we recorded, resulted in him agreeing to refund the $100 for our trip charge for our vehicle which was only after my fiancé had to beg Ed to make things right. He asked my fiancé for our address again and said he would send the check. We thought that we'd take the loss and things were said and done but no, the next day we received the following email from them: __________________________________________________ _____________ Melanie Morrison <[email protected]> Jun 17 (6 days ago) to me Anthony: Our attorney has advised us that we should send an email with the following statement and we ask that you send a confirming email stating you accept this settlement: Per our conversation on Thursday, June 16, 2016, River Runners’ Transport will reimburse Anthony Morici $100 for the fee paid to shuttle one vehicle between Deer Lodge and Split Mt between 5/7/16 and 5/12/16. Anthony agrees to a full settlement and releases and discharges River Runners’ Transport, their agents and employees, for claims involving a pair of Oakley sunglasses. Anthony also agrees that he, other his designees, will not write negative posts about River Runners’ Transport, their employees, officers, or agents, online, including, but not limited to, forums, chat rooms, or on social media. The check #17052 is payable to Anthony Morici, at our address which we've blocked out for this review. __________________________________________________ _____________

After receiving this email we called them to let them know this was not the aggreement we had made in a previously recorded conversation. Melanie, again, was not professional or honest and again with foul language would not send the check they agreed to send unless we signed this email and returned it to them. Conclusion: We decided to decline their $100 bribe to not write reviews about River Runners Transport because we feel it is far more important that this does not happen to anyone else. Shuttling your cars is an easy task, save the headache all. Sincerely, -River Rafting Lovers
AVM10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016   #59

Riverton, Utah
92 mph this time

Got off Deso the other day and River Runners Transport had taken my truck to 92 mph this time. Not really TOO worried about it, but I watched to see how fast I got it going back and never broke 80...
Old 05-26-2017   #60

Modesto, California
Paddling Since: 1991
I would recommend the airplane shuttle. Several years ago, it was $100 per passenger from Green River to Sand Wash, an air strip atop a Mesa. It's a really interesting flight over the river canyon. It's about 1/2 mile walk down to the river. You could do it at either end of your trip. We dropped our boats and gear at sand wash, drove to Green River, then flew up to Sand Wash the ne xt morning. I paid another $30 to have 1 truck shuttled to Swayze Beach on the day we floated in.

Sent from my iPad using Mountain Buzz
Keith4fun is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
desolation, shuttle