Mountain Buzz banner

Chulitna Alaska

Tags
alaska
1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  AKATief 
#1 ·
Hello to Alaska paddlers! Im heading to the Chulitna on the 16th of this month and running an overnight into the 17th. If anyone would be interested in running it with me hit me up! If all goes well, I may be heading north right after to cruise on the Brushkana and upper Nenana. If anyone has time available to run either of these please let me know. The Chulitna is a 77 mile clear water class II running at about 18fpm. The put in is on the Park's highway at the Chulitna bridge at mile 194.5. It adds around seven miles to the trip, but is a very easy spot to put in. The takeout goal is Talkeetna, but since the river braids so much, it may be easier to tack on 11 more miles and take out at the Susitna river bridge at mile 104.2 on the Park's. This adds another 11 miles. This is my first on the Chulitna and i've heard nothing but good things about it. If anyone has any experience on it please come check it out on the 16th, or drop me a post about it. Hope to hear from everyone!

#2 ·
I would run all the way to the Susitna- it will save you driving into Talkeetna. The main channel through the area is easy to find and the river at that point moves very fast. I tracked our speed at 9-11 MPH with GPS during a fall trip- the water will be even higher this time of year. The veiws of Denali are amazing- Hope she shows herself to ya!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.