Mountain Buzz banner

Chile Beta?

Tags
chile
2K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  kayakpro.cl 
#1 ·
Hello. I was looking for some beta on traveling to Chile this Jan/Feb. Does anyone know or have any experience with RegionX rivers? I met the folks not to long ago in NM and they seem like a good, more personalized and smaller operation. Is there a guide book available for Chile? What are water levels @ that time? Best time and avenue to pursue flights/transport? Any help appreciated.

#2 ·
Hello. I was looking for some beta on traveling to Chile this Jan/Feb. Does anyone know or have any experience with RegionX rivers? I met the folks not to long ago in NM and they seem like a good, more personalized and smaller operation. Is there a guide book available for Chile? What are water levels @ that time? Best time and avenue to pursue flights/transport? Any help appreciated.
My husband and I are friends with Sven and Sarah and have been to Chile three times in the past couple years to paddle. We are trying to head down this winter around the time you stated. We have stayed with them at their campo and it is amazing. The food, cabins, and river guiding are all excellent. Please feel free to give us a call or e-mail for more info killerkekel@bresnan.netel@bresnan.net killerkel@bresnan.net
Aaron - 970-759-2628
Kelli - 970-759-9223

#3 ·
the best people down there with the beta on the most river are in pucon chile. it is rodrigo at Kayak Pucon. he runs a small shop but has the most useful beta. and is one of the nicest locals you will ever meet. heis website is Kayak Pucon he runs a full service shop and can really help you out if you are going to be down the that long.

#4 ·
Check out Chris Spelius' outfit ExChile for Beta and Trips...

He's been down there since 1985 on the Futaleufu:

Kayaking Chile Kayak Futaleufu Whitewater Trips in Patagonia

He also has an online Futaleufu Guidebook:

Futaleufu River Whitewater Guidebook: Rapids of the Futaleufu - Wiki Guide

And is working on a Chile River's Guidebook (less complete):

Chile Rivers: Rivers in Chile and the Futaleufu Valley Region - Wiki Guide

Chris' camp is an excellent place experience the Futaleufu:

Tres Monjas Eco-Camp - Kayak Chile's Basecamp on the Rio Futaleufu

Its a first class kind of place, not the type if you are looking
to paddle around Chile or the Futaleufu on your own. Then I
would recommend the Cara del Indio Camp:

index

#5 ·
www.kayakchile.net

visit our website to see various pictures and video of rivers in Chile. www.riversofchile.com is also a very usefull guide although not complete it is constantly being updated during the season and is a great reasorce for info on rivers in Chile.
We offer full week or more packages from most Chillian airports or more basic day trips out of our shop in pucon.
I hope you have a good time in Chile what ever you end up doing and dont hesitate to drop by our shop or email if there is any info or equiptment you need.
We are the only white water kayak shop that sells new equiptment so if something breaks, is lost or you forget it we can send things to any city in pucon.
I hope you have a great trip and enjoy Chile as much as we do.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.