Canadian 17 mile day Challenge. - Mountain Buzz

Old 1 Minute Ago   #1

Albuquerque, New Mexico
Paddling Since: 1985
Canadian 17 mile day Challenge.

Sharing plans for Monday May 20th.
Best to call me direct if interested in joining us five souls on this ELF exploration mission. Search MB for a lengthy thread with lots of great info, but too old to attach this reply to. Scott
Monday May 20, paddling the 17 miles from Millís Canyon Campground down to the highway #120 Bridge.
Cody and one other bringing the DOD van from Kirtland AFB Outdoor rec.
Iíll drive my Silverado crew cab with shell.
6:00am Meeting in Albuquerque at the Target store (NE side of parking lot) at Paseo Del Norte and I-25.
8:30am drop vehicle at take-out, roadside near bridge.
10:00am launch from Millís Canyon Campground.
Google Map

Expecting 8 hours on the river and returning to ABQ around 11:00 pm.
IKs preferred as we may be in/out of boats to navigate shallows and rapids.
Hard-shells and very small rafts welcome if you can manage the physical demands.
https://www.americanwhitewater.org/content/Ö/detail/id/1206/
This should be a fun trip, but will definitely be challenging, with a slight chance of ďEpicĒ, pending flows and conditions, and due to schedule.
Many have commits on Sunday and this is the only way I could get this together in hopes of catching the remaining flow on this seldom run river.
Others are welcome to camp the night before or after, and meet us at take-out, or put-in to share shuttles as space permits.
Welcome to share/invite others but this is not a trip to be taken lightly. I plan to post this e-vite to several FB sites.

Very worst case, if flows drop to un-runnable levels, we could (decide by noon Sunday) to run the 19 mile stretch below Pecos, NM instead, still on Monday.
Iíll check replies on Friday and share responses, but text or cell is best after that.

And maybe Iíll see you Saturday on the CABQ cleanup between Montano and Central bridges.
Boat up!
Scott Carpenter

Advertisement