Zion narrows beta? + posse needed - Mountain Buzz

Old 01-29-2008   #1

Student/Engineer
Zion narrows beta? + posse needed

hey there,
I was hoping to get some beta about when it usually flows ..how long is the trip going to be etc from folks who have done it in the past .... I can't stop dreaming about this place for some reason!
Also, was hoping to find some fellow paddlers to paddle it (and possibly some other swell runs).

shaggadelically,
assad

Advertisement

Old 01-29-2008   #2

It's the #1 run on my list right now. I'll start driving the instant I here it's going. Got a couple other's who're interested if the timing works out. Keep an eye out.... Shoot me a message if you decide to go.

COUNT
COUNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008   #3

Glenwood Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2002
Hey... I think we met a couple times last summer (# & Westy?). There are a couple of us looking into a run early April. I've hiked it before. Around 16 miles, decent shuttle. We hired it when we hiked it. I'll let you know if it happens. The gang is pretty good at follow through. Snow pack is looking good.

Laurie
lmaciag is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2008   #4

Glenwood Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2002
Hey Derk... didn't realize it was high on your list. Please let me, Amy & Matt know... we could have a Mexico reunion!

Laurie
lmaciag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008   #5

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
I and probably my bro would definitely be interested in Zion or the Swell runs,especially if they run early.
cayo 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008   #6

Yeah, I've actually been talking about trying to make a weekend over-nighter and combine it with Sinawava. Any body who's done it know if there's any place you could camp somewhere shortly above or below the take-out? Doesn't have to be anything great, just room for a couple sleeping bags and the opportunity to prolong the experience in the box. Would this be a reasonable idea? Just thinking....

D
COUNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008   #7

Salt Lake City, Utah
Paddling Since: 02
Strange to see CO lusting our runs(usualy the other way around). Zion runs are generaly late March early April. The swell runs generaly go about the same time. We are having a epic snowfall year(Swell ought to run early april to late may depending on melt). Last year the virgin river running group posted a picture of a guy standing in a lush field with the header"heres your runoff". If y'all are coming out keep it posted. The SL crews will most likely come down and meet ya. As far as snow pack...keep it coming. For the record, the virgin ran at two grand two weeks ago. Flashy, but you take what you can get.
Old 01-29-2008   #8

Golden, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
I've been looking at Zion as well. Definite must do! I'm game. This year is going to be so sweet. Things are going to rage!
benpetri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008   #9

Student/Engineer
yeah we met ...

Laurie,
We met more than a couple times, but I dont thing at Wsty (ran it Sept) and Numbers (ran it Sept as well). I think you were coming off of upper Mish and we were just launching for lower mish (May?)
Anywho, keep me posted. I am in for sure.

-assad

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmaciag View Post
Hey... I think we met a couple times last summer (# & Westy?). There are a couple of us looking into a run early April. I've hiked it before. Around 16 miles, decent shuttle. We hired it when we hiked it. I'll let you know if it happens. The gang is pretty good at follow through. Snow pack is looking good.

Laurie
Old 01-30-2008   #10

The Road, Colorado
Paddling Since: '07
Send a message via Yahoo to Badazws6
It's exactly the "Flashy" bit that worries me. Don't think I want to be in a slot canyon that committing when it is flashing and bringing all kinds of crap down on my head.

Is 2k full on flashing bringing trees down river/changing rapids or is it just a "high" flow?

I Re-e-eally want to do this but I would have to make it in a Friday afternoon to Sunday night type of deal.

MR