You ever had one of those days? - Mountain Buzz

Old 07-10-2009   #1

185 lb. waste of space, Keeping Glenwood Springs real
Paddling Since: 1864
You ever had one of those days?

Where you just get your ass kicked because you are not on your game no matter how hard you try?
I was on the Big S Tuesday and had my F- game going, rolling all over the place and ( I am embarrassed to say this) swam the ledge after cool world and just never feeling good in my boat.

Have you ever had one of those days ?
Where you make a glorious comeback like Kurt Warner and everything from that recent bad day is lost and forgotten. Went back up to the Big S on Thursday and had a great day styling Fantasy Flight, Cool World, and Melt Down. Felt good enough to run DT, but wanted to keep the good day garuanteed.

You got to love those days and that makes kayaking such an awesome sport

yourrealdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-10-2009   #2

Arvada, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1991
Send a message via Skype™ to tsavo
keep on keepn' on

Glad it worked out. Just a little reminder.
tsavo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009   #3

Indian Hills, Colorado
Although not paddling on your level, definitely happens frequently. Gotta love it when you're not on, feeling the cobwebs, then get on the water and have an awesome day.
DanOrion is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-10-2009   #4

Eagle, Idaho
Paddling Since: '78
I need that day to come!!! I swam out of the big one on OBJ about a month ago (first swim in 12 yrs.....I know....LONG over-due)....and now I'm kinda gripped, more than is necessary.....I NEED one of those days to get back "on it".

Planning on BS next weekend (can't this weekend).....I'll hopefully feel it after FF. If not....I'll prob. be walkin' the next big 3.

Wish me luck....and good fortune.
GoodTimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009   #5

I hear ya man...... I should have bailed after finding myself fuzzy side down in pinball wizzard on Sunday.... but then things got way better...... until the ledge at the bottom of Cool World. River karma for sure put the smack down on me there, little side surf action to the center rock, back into the hole I went . Then some serious body surfing action. Nice work getting back up there and stomping it.... I still need to.
farmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009   #6

evergreen, Colorado
Ive had more of them Skiing and they usally end up in broken bones so i learned to trust my gut
widespread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009   #7

Longmont, Colorado
Paddling Since: 98
Again, not on the same level, had one on lower boulder, left me with a broken paddle and nothing left to warranty. The ensuing swim was mild though considering it was in a IV+, or so they say.
GPP33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009   #8

ya that happened to me on OBJ i missed every boof and swam after the 8 footer... i know right then i just called it a day knowing that the big one would not go. then the next day i styled every drop and had the sickest lines ive ever done in my short life of 15 years. i think its good to have that happen everyonce in a while so you dont get ahead of your self and get put in your place.
tuckster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009   #9
Kjirsten

Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 05
Your enthusiasm made me smile. Thank you. How's the trek panning out? Could we get a halftime report?
"There is NOTHING--absolute nothing--half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats. Look here! If you've really nothing else on hand this morning, supposing we drop down the river together, and have a long day of it?" -Wind in the Willows
TakemetotheRiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009   #10

185 lb. waste of space, Keeping Glenwood Springs real
Paddling Since: 1864
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakemetotheRiver View Post
Your enthusiasm made me smile. Thank you. How's the trek panning out? Could we get a halftime report?
Trek is going great, I think I am closer to the end than a halftime report. I am at 23 stretches and will probably finish with 25, unless I get home while the NF and SF of the crystal are running.
yourrealdad is offline   Reply With Quote