yo yeti! - Mountain Buzz

Old 05-22-2006   #1

yo yeti!

i have an idea.... why don't you stop writing 5 paragraph essays on 1st d's in colorado and get up off the computer and go clean that log out of obj? or.... at least write a post about it so when people who actually go boating, rafting, or tubing are prepared with the proper equiptment to go clean it for you.

slee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2006   #2

Edwards, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2001
i have an idea.... next time yeti posts, just IGNORE IT! why go to the trouble to personally disrepect him when all he's trying to do is help discover new runs? so what if he's not a class V+ paddler. or has that become the pre-requisite for this site....
Bryan Houle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006   #3

Seattle, Washington
Paddling Since: 1999
Send a message via AIM to JCKeck1
I have to admit that I'm taking Mr. Lee's side in this one. It sure would be nice if people in their respective regions could try to keep stuff cleaned out. That way no one has to drive forever during the off season to cut logs. The often ragged upon frontrangers cleaned our stuff out well this year - except for the f-ing big south crap (it'll be my mission in life this fall). Also, slee did not say anything about yeti's paddling abilities.
JCKeck1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2006   #4

Jackson, Wyoming
Paddling Since: 2004
Well, I'm with Bryan.

Slee, how 'bout you give us a list of all the wood in your area you've cleaned recently (not including your own) or shut up? How does that sound? Do you like apples?

If you want the log out of OBJ why don't you put your skirt on and skip up there yourself and get it out? Then you too can "actually" go boating instead of spouting.
WisegirlII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006   #5

Seattle, Washington
Paddling Since: 1999
Send a message via AIM to JCKeck1
For my part, I cleaned the Source for an entire day with saws and ropes. I also got the log most of the way out of Mr bill in the narrows. I also had a saw packed in my boat and was on the way to cut the log in bailey when I found out that fremont beat me to it. how bout you?

Also, I think it important that people who live in the area ought to help out. That way I don't have to drive 4 hours to CB to cut wood and people from CB don't have to drive 4 hours to cut wood out of clear creek, bailey, and the source.

Finally, if you want to talk about who actually goes boating check out Go Boatin with Joe. And no I don't care what class you boat - just get out on the river and try to get some wood off while you're out there wisegirl.
joe
JCKeck1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006   #6

Jackson, Wyoming
Paddling Since: 2004
Oh Joe... I like you.

I wasn't aiming my comments at you. Per your other thread you obviously get your wood taken care of...

I will admit that I haven't been to any log clearing parties, simply because no one is brave enough to give me their chain saw, but I also wasn't the one taking cheap shots at Yeti. Nough said.

Your point is good and correct. It would be ideal if local boaters took care of their rivers, cleared wood, set up lemonade / beer stands at the take, etc. No doubt.

I just think Mr. Lee was a bit out of line, that's all. Ok cap-e-ton?
WisegirlII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006   #7

freeloader
Hey Bryan, I have a better idea, pipe down unless you like taking AT paddles up the backside. It is pretty cute how you stick up for yeti, maybe the two of you were looking to share the AT? "All he's trying to do is help discover new runs." Maybe you should help each other discover the sand in your vag. the next step would be to remove it and clean the wood out of OB so I can laugh at you while i lap that shite. "so what if he's not a class V+ boater." You two go have fun at your local playhole, don't be afraid to stick up for each other when someone makes fun of your loop. Wise girl, you could set up a lemonade stand and pretend like you're cool too. i'll bag cross creek for you if you clean it out for me. then, like yeti, you could pretend like you were part of something sick.
Old 05-23-2006   #8

I don't know Yeti, but I like what he has posted and the work he has done.

This post is malicious, period. If you don't want to read his post then don't. Some people have desk jobs & put their energy where they can, when they can. Some are lumberjacks and have 6 stihls, gassed & ready.

Pick & choose your posts. Don't mix Yeti's willingness to share some time he has spent with a map with unwillingness to cut out wood.

That said I agree with your premise, local boaters need to maintain their drainages. If you want to bash Yeti, start a thread called bashing Yeti.

Steve.
Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. Security does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than exposure. - Helen Keller
sward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006   #9

placerville, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1993
yeti-thanks for showing maturity and not responding to these as$holes. this site is going downhill.....
steven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006   #10

I guess it just started going downhill , huh ? It's funny , I know lots of great boaters who wouldn't be caught dead on this site . This forum is such a joke that I can't even stand it anymore . It's so bad that new Boaters can't even post without getting made fun of . It's a contest for the coolest . And if you talk back i'll , kick your ass kind of attitude .
Who fucking cares what you did ! You don't look cool to anyone . No , not even to your friends . It should be about fun , and not about bragging rights . I am even guilty of bashing jerks here . If I am not dropping sic ass shit , which I don't , what else is there to do ?
Why don't all you bitches just shut the fuck up and try to remember why we all started this sport . For fun ; not to cause tension , put people down , or t o spew tons of negative shit . There are only a handfull of cool people who actually try to be helpful , and I am not sure why they waste their time here on" whiney buzz " . What a joke .
Yo Frenchy , Why don't you try and set some new standards ? Doesn't this crap bother you ? I am done here . You will probably erase my profile for speaking out . Go ahead !
Jaxxon is offline   Reply With Quote