Yellowstone river access - Page 3 - Mountain Buzz

Old 09-27-2011   #21

Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 1999
so you all know black canyon of the yellowstone already has a trail the entire length of the canyon..as does most of the runs have roads next to them. what more would be impacted on Black Canyon, Lewis river or Fire Hole? people swim in the firehole in mass groups everyday through the summer. Yellowstone isnt all walk in the park class 3 there some legit runs that wouldpoliced by the difficulty it self. if they did a 100 dollar fee a year to maintain the "damage" we are causing id throw it down to boat that place. i wouldnt have to go to NW ever

caspermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-27-2011   #22

Wolcott, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2006
This was a quote from my facebook page where several people got in a debate on allowing snowmobiles in national parks.

"Oh .... I see..... because you upper crusters don't use motors your better than the rest of us?"

This has got to be the first time in history that kayakers were called "upper crust"

Time to celebrate a new social status!!
JDHOG72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011   #23

Boulder, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDHOG72 View Post
This was a quote from my facebook page where several people got in a debate on allowing snowmobiles in national parks.

"Oh .... I see..... because you upper crusters don't use motors your better than the rest of us?"

This has got to be the first time in history that kayakers were called "upper crust"

Time to celebrate a new social status!!

Thats funny because you can snowmobile in yellowstone
tj@cu is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-27-2011   #24

Wolcott, Colorado
HA...a couple dumbass snowmobilers from WI will be happy to hear this. Although it won't matter since they think they need a passport to leave the state.
Old 09-27-2011   #25
I'm right 50% of the time

RFV, CO
Paddling Since: 1977
Don't pit it as us vs. them.
Same BS I hear about snow mobile access everywhere. When You make it an us vs them scenario, you pollute the real issues at stake. I'm all for moderate snowmobile access to the national parks. Do I need to be guided, probably not, but in Yellowstone, that is the ONLY way you are going to get to snowmobile. So, Do we want guided access to kayaking? You put it out there on the same terms, and that is what we will get. Tourist kayaking in Yellowstone to match tourist snowmobiling in Yellowstone. Guide will tell you it's dangeroud and remote and take you on a class 3 with people from Ohio and Texas (not to bag on Ohio).

Signed....
brendodendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011   #26

Wolcott, Colorado
Relax. No one is pitting anything. Just a funny facebook qoute from some old high school friends. No need to get take up arms.
Old 09-27-2011   #27

student
does anyone have any picture or beta about the area? just curious about what we are missing never been.
paulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011   #28

Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 1999
it runs year round due to caldera its located on. good quality qterfalls some big ones some good creeks some quality river runs play waves. and thats a small part.
caspermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011   #29
GoBro

BZN, Montana
Paddling Since: 2008
One of 2 CL V canyon's on the Yellowstone. Easily dozens if not hundreds of CL I-V+ runs in the park. Dozens of unrun but clean waterfalls.

To be clear, this isn't an impact of kayakers issue or a safety issue. It's a bureaucratic issue dating back to before whitewater was even on the map. Rivers were getting over fished by float fisherman so floating streams was made illegal. The bureaucracy is very entrenched now.
glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011   #30
I'm right 50% of the time

RFV, CO
Paddling Since: 1977
JD, I'm mellow. At the same time, lets not make this an exclusive club. That is what we are against in the first place. I've seen some great runs and drops that i would love to hit.
brendodendo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
access