Yellowstone and Grand Teton - Mountain Buzz

Old 08-08-2013   #1

Yellowstone and Grand Teton

AW has been working hard to have the NPS consider allowing paddling in Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks. It's an uphill battle, but one worth engaging in. Here's some recent coverage on the matter: Jackson Hole News&Guide | National parks\' paddle ban faces criticism

Given the quality of the whitewater thereabouts, I thought you'd all be interested. Personally, I would love to paddle there.

C

Advertisement

Old 08-09-2013   #2
Old Guy in a PFD

Colorado Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1967
Seems we have another case of incorrect anal orientation on the part of government officials.

Schutzie suggests mob action to attempt to reorient said anal alignment.
Schutzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013   #3
Plunk your magic twanger!

New Castle, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
Schutzie, you seemed so rational a few weeks ago. Schutzie in the third person is slightly intimidating
Gremlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-10-2013   #4

Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 1999
YLA
caspermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013   #5
Old Guy in a PFD

Colorado Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1967
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
Schutzie, you seemed so rational a few weeks ago. Schutzie in the third person is slightly intimidating
Sometimes I feel..............beside myself. And then I start talking to the river god, and she tells me to post this stuff.

But, I feel just fine, I haven't had those visions of boarding rafts with a knife in my teeth for............well, ever since the aliens showed me how to time warp using only a 12 OZ. beer can and a spring from a 58 Chevy throttle.

*blink*
Schutzie is offline   Reply With Quote