Yampa video - Mountain Buzz

Old 05-14-2010   #1
The Russian

SLC, Utah
Paddling Since: 2005
Yampa video

I just posted a video I made going through Yampa last weekend. Mostly made the trip and video for my family, so not much action, but just another awesome float down a beautiful river This is the video made only by my stern mounted camera, so not much of the camping life in this video. It was recorded with GoPro HD camera.

Just uploaded, so give it time for 720p content to appear.

Alex

kazak4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2010   #2

Unincorporated Douglas County, Colorado
Nice job! The HD looks great.

I like the view from the stern mount and I bet you're glad you got to take the camera home with you this time.
Old 05-14-2010   #3

Sandy, Utah
Paddling Since: 1997
Love it !!!! Only problem is that now I want a stern mounted HD camera. See what you've started.
How tall is your rear mounted tripod? I'm in a 14ft. Cat, so my camera wouldn't be as far aft as yours. I'm wondering how high it would have to be to capture the view that you're getting. Maybe I'll just start with the helmet cam and see how that goes. I did notice that GoPro sells a bar clamp mount that I could attach to my NRS frame. Hmmmmmmm.
Thanks for sharing the video. Looks like you had a wonderful trip.
KJ
cataraftgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2010   #4
The Russian

SLC, Utah
I think I bought 55" tripod from ebay ($15), my last tripod (RIP) was 65" and I liked that view better. With the wide angle of GoPro, I'd say go higher than 65" inches if you can. I will take some pics this weekend of how I mounted it, if you are interested.

I've recorded some videos with the bar clamp as well, some people liked the view, I personally didn't. Half the video picture was the raft frame.

Yes, the trip was wonderful, the kids are begging me to go back. I recorded the camp with another camera and for some reason the audio was all messed up on it so I couldn't put it into this video. But I don't have to show the camp life to the buzzers, lol!

Alex
Old 05-14-2010   #5

Salt Lake City, Utah
Dude, how do you score all the cool permits? We ended up with the San Juan. Is that an "everything bag" in the back of your boat? That's got to be one of the best items that I have ever purchased for my boat.
Skyman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010   #6
The Russian

SLC, Utah
Luck I guess. Yes, Jan from river gear whitewater equipment custom sewn products made it for me. It has a pocket for the platform floor to be put in so it's totally flat and suspended off the raft floor. I love it, a bit of pita to load the boat since you have to hold the bag open, but it's nice not to have to strap everything down.
Old 05-14-2010   #7
The Russian

SLC, Utah
This is what it looks like from the side. I DO have a tether line from the camera to the inside D-ring now! So if I do flip again, hopefully the camera will be retrievable

I have a strap holing the tripod down to the stern d-ring

Old 05-14-2010   #8

Aurora, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
Cool video! I especially liked the up-close view of Inglesby. I flipped off that rock trying to go right of it one year- slowest flip I've ever seen. My wife somehow didn't even get her hair wet.

Does your sombrero fold back behind the whole pile o' gear, or does it hang up on it at all?? I'm trying to get an idea of how in the way those things stay even when they're folded down. Seems like with the rocker of any boat they're never gonna lie completely flat on the tubes.
Cheers!
climbdenali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010   #9
The Russian

SLC, Utah
No, it's sitting on top of the gear, I would love to have longer poles to clear the gear pile. With it sitting on the gear bag it doesn't really get in a way for rowing.
Old 05-14-2010   #10

Aurora, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
Great video! I think we're going to have to get one of those bimini tops. I wonder if we can get sides made for one and have our own little easy up. Hmmm...
Now I'm even more upset about not getting a yampa permit. Maybe next year!
kclowe is offline   Reply With Quote