WS Project X full vid - Mountain Buzz

Old 09-28-2010   #1

WS Project X full vid

Here is a full length teaser on the Project X from Wave Sport. I've been paddling the 56 on the Upper Gauley the past couple weekends and it's unlocked a lot more potential air time from my local surf spots. I'll post Gauley footage soon, but enjoy this for now:

Bryan K
WS

bryank is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-28-2010   #2

Cornelia, Georgia
Paddling Since: noob
Hey Brian nice vid, that boat looks like a sure winner. I was wondering of you can give us more on the project X as far as how does it carves, rolls and all the other good stuff. guess what I am getting at is; would there be a big learning curve for a novice playboater?
Old 09-28-2010   #3

Telluride, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
The design footage was sweet, awesome time lapse. My question is when you make a teaser video for a new kayak, why not show how it is different and better than the old project instead of showing a video of you guys killing it on waves and holes just like you did in the old project? A teaser on a new boat would be way cooler if it showed you pulling off ridiculous tricks you couldn't do before. It looks like it has quite a hard edge that would be really good for ocean surfing too? What makes the boat different?
tallboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-28-2010   #4

BV, CO
Paddling Since: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallboy View Post
The design footage was sweet, awesome time lapse. My question is when you make a teaser video for a new kayak, why not show how it is different and better than the old project instead of showing a video of you guys killing it on waves and holes just like you did in the old project? A teaser on a new boat would be way cooler if it showed you pulling off ridiculous tricks you couldn't do before. It looks like it has quite a hard edge that would be really good for ocean surfing too? What makes the boat different?
Its not likely to make new tricks possible. Its still a variation of what is already available. It will probably make some tricks easier and some go bigger. (And some others harder.) If you're in a planing hull spud (most modern playboats) then the new tricks are more likely going to be a result of a paddler's skill and imagination.
P.
Phil U. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010   #5
doesn't need a fake name

Fort Collins, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1996
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallboy View Post
I think this is a perfectly reasonable way to go. Comparing the new boat to the old one would imply that the old one is now no good, but they still want to sell projects. Comparing the boat to other boats on the market is sort of rude. Nobody but Corran Addison does that, and when he does, it makes him look like a big jerk.

I would say that the video does give an idea how the new boat is different from the old one. Bryan's clean blunts were noticeably faster in the new boat (notice that his rear hand doesn't move as much as it used to. Cleans are probably much easier), Kelsey's panams had more rotation about the long axis of the boat, and everybody's loops were larger and more fully rotated than most people's loops in the project. I'd say that means that the project x rotates faster for most tricks, has more responsive edges, and probably spins easier too.
leif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010   #6
gh

pnw, Colorado
The video definitely shows that some folks got to travel to the best playspots around. Looks fun.
Old 09-29-2010   #7

Telluride, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Didn't mean to sound like a hater, the boat looks mean and the video was good...wish skook was closer
tallboy is offline   Reply With Quote