wow

whoa...

kayakben is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-01-2005   #2

Paddling Since: 1993
Wow Ben,
I guess i just wrote to newman a little too early. I should have checked the buzz before responding to his personal mail. Guess we wont be boating together again. And you missed the point.
christo
h2obro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005   #3
Charc in = charc out

Seattle, Washington
Paddling Since: 1992
Careful Ben .. You did indeed miss the point: regardless of your intent, you are still bound by law (& common sense & common courtesy) to get consent prior to using someone's intellectual property that way. Especially when it was made clear prior to your receiving the video content. That's kinda the essence of "friendship & community", no?

Publicly shaming the dude that provided the content doesn't look all that good on you or your organization either. I'm not surprised you chose to start a new thread when pretty much every response to the original post supported his argument.

Just sayin'
ToddG is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2005   #4

Thought-criminal, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
Yeah, I suggested he beat your ass Charlie Bronson style.
Old 11-02-2005   #5

C. Springs, Colorado
Sounds like Cristo needs to start a fund to sue the pants off Ben's newly started, non profit student group. I'd school the pants off them. Sounds like they need a good lesson in to teach them about copy right laws and such.
caverdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005   #6

kayakben,
you all didn't make him look cool, by showing HIS video of himself running all those waterfalls.
He is already cool because he ran those waterfalls with or without it being posted on your site.

You could have helped him look more cool by asking his permission to post the video links and then giving him props for the video.

Maybe it should read, FLKC ( a club that makes you look cool--- do you want a sticker for your truck!!!)
mankster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005   #7

In response to the recent post about video footage user rights we would like to apologize to Cristo for a few reasons. First, for his name being bashed on this site. Second, for using his video footage without prior consent. As kayakers in the video and as an officer in the club, we apologize. The video has been taken off of our site and we are in the process of obtaining "rights" to this footage. The purpose for forming this club is to bring the community together, NOT alienate people. This incident has gotten off on a wrong tangent, and turned into talking trash. All the FLKC wanted to do was put up a video and share it with all of you. In the excitement of forming our club and the creation of our site we over looked asking for permission for usage of this footage. Three of the four officers of the club are show in the video, and this led us to over look copyright laws. We are kayakers trying to kayak not get in legal battles, sorry for stepping on peoples toes. We will boat with Christo again and will see him again on the river,
sorry Christo,

Puda Vida......

Fort Lewis Kayakers Club
kayakers' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005   #8

Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2001
Great explanation Kayakers'. Don't you all feel stupid.........Bitches.
Old 11-02-2005   #9

ski/kayak bum
the law revolves around who shoots the video....not who is in it....although unethical, definitely within the law.....

-aaron
double-a-ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005   #10

Thought-criminal, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
KICK HIS ASS, SEABASS!