would a boat make it thru the actual "filter plant" - Mountain Buzz

Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Kayaking

Old 06-29-2005   #1

would a boat make it thru the actual "filter plant"

As some of you may know, I'm missing a boat from last weekend where it became unpinned from Cardiac corner on the poudre. I just got word that there is a new pinned boat on the first "rapid" of the filter plant section. I don't know what the actual "filter plant" is upstream, with the low head dam and all- do you think my boat could've made it thru?

nicoleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-29-2005   #2

Summit County, Colorado
It could make it through, I've seen some pretty big stuff that washed through there. But what could it possibly pin on in the filter plant run??
Old 06-29-2005   #3
Spits Hot Fire

N. Cascades, Washington
Not sure what your saying. It could easily make it through though, there was a red boat pinned on the old bridge formation yesterday, just upstream from Gateway park/just downstream below the big-diversion spillway. Theres also another greenish or yellow boat submerged (pinned) underwater just before the big spillway at the mouth of the canyon. It doesn't seemed to be pinned on anything though, sorta looks like its wedged in the riverbed, that ones been there for a while. My brother watched and tried to chase down some guys boat on Filter plant a few weeks ago, he watched it go through both spillways at the mouth of the canyon then towards the farmlands. Sounds like a lot of people havin problems with Filter this year.
FLOWTORCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-29-2005   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyaker
It could make it through, I've seen some pretty big stuff that washed through there. But what could it possibly pin on in the filter plant run??
Two boats apparently. One has been there for about a month, the other is new. Clearly visible on the drive up, one is center the other is river left at the gnarly 1' drop. Both are yellow.
CoreyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005   #5

needless to say, I'm really hoping this recently pinned one is mine. If anyone goes up the canyon today and has a chance to hop out and take a look, the report I got (thanks Corey!) says it is pinned just downstream of the roadside put in to the filter plant run.
It's a "mango" (yellow-orange) prijon creeker 225 with a black nosecone. Could easily look yellow underwater.
I am trying to get up there with some folks early tomorrow am.
nicoleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005   #6

I went up this afternoon and unpinned the boat from the bridge piling, and, sorry to say, it was not your kayak. It was a 15 ft. Coleman canoe, completely mangled. I left it on the bank because I couldn't safely drag it up to the road by myself. I hope the owner of this boat didn't try to run the dam...
rubberducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005   #7

we are heading out to try to pull the two yellow boats at the first "rapid" on Filter Plant in the morning (06/30/05). Anticipate being at the put in around 09:30. If anyone wants to help feel free to meet us there.

If you, or anyone you know, will be running it tell them to keep an eye out for ropes river (most likely on the left) at the first "whitewater" below the put in. Thanks
CoreyD is offline   Reply With Quote