women boater read this - Mountain Buzz

Old 08-04-2008   #1

colorado springs, co formally al
Send a message via AIM to j83soldier
women boater read this

ok, so i am offically done tring to get girls i am interested in into boating. I am understanding and really chill when tring to teach people to roll and boat and it always ends the same way. I think id have more luck boating a tandom canoe. anyway so i now am turning this site into a dating site. I want a girl that can already boat, one that can camp for longer than a day without a shower and one that wont check her texts every other minute while hiking. Anyone, come on there has to be cool outdoorsy girls out there

j83soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2008   #2

Duhrango
Sorry but she's taken and I got her.
Old 08-04-2008   #3

Duhrango
Oh shit. One more post and now I hit the big 400. Woo hoo.
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2008   #4
cma

Boulder
Her name is Bob..
cma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008   #5

at my house, Montana
Paddling Since: 2020
If you want to meet a drunk, go to the bar. If you want to meet a woman that boats, go boating, go to the shops, check out what events there are where you might meet someone. Then, hold your breathe, ASK HER OUT. Don't be a dork and just "hang out", or any of that other bullshit where you're too afraid to make a nice "move". If you meet a woman that seems interesting, ask for her phone number (how surprising that would be!) and call her up to go boating, or go to dinner and talk boating, or whatever.

Just quit whining that you can't meet women that boat, go find them and then ask them out. You must know by now there are less than 10 "regulars" that are women on this forum, and public whining about women is a good habit to break. You never know when you'll be doing it at a put in and some new-to-town woman overhears you, and writes you off as a loser.
lhowemt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008   #6
Boy Howdy!

Colotucky, USA
Paddling Since: 2006
I found one drunk on a river and then we went to a bar and got "sober"
pinemnky13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008   #7

hear is your solution. find a girl that has no desire to learn to boat. then you dont have to try and teach her. find a girl that will drive your shuttle, hang out with your dog while you are on the river, and have lunch a cold beer waiting for you at the takeout. much cooler than boating the milk run and cleaning up yard sales.
catfishjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008   #8

Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1996
Hey soldier-

You need to understand that the discerning ladies of the paddling world need more than your selfish demands. They need chivalry. They need romance. They need poetry. Observe:

Roses are red
Violets are blue
We'll run the shit
And then we'll screw

See, it just that easy. Learn to be a gentleman like me and maybe you'll find the woman of your dreams.
jmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008   #9

colorado springs, co formally al
Send a message via AIM to j83soldier
ahahaha jmack shakespere and emmersion combined could not of thought of such a moving piece of lituature. and wow ihowemet think u might be reading to much into my post one i am not whinning just stating experinces. get over it. and pretty sure i dont need advice on how to get a number. but thanks anyway. ill stick with the poetry passed on through this post. its everything a girl wants. romantic, touching and funny right????
j83soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008   #10

Central Mountains, Colorado
Keep looking there are lots of amazing river girls out there, and many of them boat better than a lot of men I have met. Be ready cause they may be able to teach you a few tricks.
jmrolak is offline   Reply With Quote