Mountain Buzz banner

You try to get your paddling "friends" to go boating. They say "No way, there's snow

• Wimps

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pu**ies

• Not real boaters

• Good candidates for ballet

Wimps?!

4K views 22 replies 14 participants last post by  ucdkayaker 
#1 ·
So what do guys think?

COUNT

#2 ·
It depends..... Is there enough snow on the ground to go skiing in the BC? If so they have a valid excuse. If there is now enough to go skiing anywhere then YES. They are all the above. Steve Z

"You really think it's cool for you to hit the sauce with a bun in the oven?"
Steve Zissou

#3 ·
Dan L. and I got a 10/15/06 run down Gore. Sunny, 60s and gorgeous. We saw a lot of fishermen/women, but not a single other boater. So I doubt you'll get anyone to boat if there is even a cloud at this point.

-d

#6 ·
Any other transplanted northwesterners out there? Since boating season is rainy season, which is winter, kayaks and skis would both be on the tops of cars as you pull out of town, sometimes both on the same car. Seattleites can sleep in, paddle the Snoqualmie during the afternoon, then head up to the pass for a little night skiing.

#9 ·
Not boating to ski is understandable. However, perhaps I should clarify that what they wanted to do instead of paddling was either lying around or doing homework. Can you say LAME?

COUNT

#10 ·
Tubers, that's true about the city shutting down, but that's more because there are fewer sand trucks than there being worse drivers than here in Denver. I'll defer to the mountain towns here...

I stand by rainy/boating season being in the winter though. I learned with snow on the ground, and I damn near fell out of my boat the first time I tried to roll without my drysuit holding my hips in. (Ahhh, that's why I was supposed to re-do the outfitting for the summer...)

#11 ·
Josh M, Joe K and I are the ONLY boaters in Colorado that boat regardless of weather. If you love to kayak the weather makes no diffference. Most people around CO stop paddling after Gore fest LAME. If anyone wants to paddle Gore call me I'll get in there faster than Fat kid eats cake.................
How you like them Apples Byatches.

#12 ·
Yeah, you guys have been gettin' er done, Matt. I sent Josh a message about Cross Mt. and Gore last weekend and he never got back to me. I can't make the trip this weekend, but I might be up for a Gore run next weekend. Never done it this low but I've heard the meat in Gore is a fun line at 600. I'm still disappointed we lost Bailey before the weekend. Later.

COUNT

#13 ·
I have to admit I have passed up girls, TV, sports, chores, homework and friends plenty of times to go kayaking... and it totally makes since when you are debating a trip down Giant Gap of the NF American in April, a release on the feather river by Chico, or even a trip down pine creek. But when it comes to going down Waterton (again) in October vs hanging out with your non boating friends.... your non boating friends start to make a little since.

#16 ·
Yea, I'd heard the count was like that. Too bad I don't have anyone to do gore with tomorrow. If you're planning on quitting boating to live with girls that strategy may work, but if you're trying to be a boater and meet a good girl - stick to the boating. Girls will come. Gore's at 650 anyone - decent anyone?
Joe

#17 ·
Hmmm....Not sure how to reply to that one. I only find it acceptable to decline a boating offer if the reason is something pretty cool that we've already got planned. Climbing in the Flatirons (our original plan) with the girls is fairly cool, especially considering the Gore offer didn't come until after we were already on our way to meet them.

ucdkayaker said:
The plan for Saturday is to be lazy, right?
And you're trying to give me a hard time about planning a climbing trip to Boulder? :eek:

COUNT

#19 ·
Count... hehehe you are lame too :)
Is your "Lame" post directed at me?
I would rather go climbing with the girls then paddling on Foxton at 300 cfs in the snow. and i am pretty sure people think Foxton at 300 CFS is lame.
but...
I can't do Gore cuz i am hanging with the girls...
I am pretty sure i was one of the girls you were hanging out with.
and um as far as ucdkayaker... you "hung" with the girls as well.

To my Point:
What man in his right mind would rather hang out with the "girls" than run Gore? This is not an acceptable behavior for a dedicated male paddler. You are lame and whipped.
Besides that...
are ya gunna come to our pool session on Friday?
The girls are running the session again (wink wink)

And ucdkayaker, you rule! food is a good way to the ladies hearts. We love you.
Count you are being so harsh to the G man. I don't think there is anything wrong with ucdkayaker having a "lazy Saturday" as long he has our dinner on the table at 7 :)

#21 ·
Funny poll! I once boated with a guy who had his drytop ripped off from his truck and he was playboating in a fuzzy-rubber type top. Now that guy was core. No snow on the ground, but it was overcast and in the 40's/50's. Snow just means the beer will be cold at the takeout, even w/o a cooler! Only time snow on the ground is an excuse is when there is enough for good ski conditions!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.