Will OBJ still be running this weekend? - Mountain Buzz

Old 06-11-2009   #1

Aspen, Colorado
Will OBJ still be running this weekend?

Is there still water over there, or is it done for the season?

Colter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2009   #2
cw

Bueller? Fry? Anyone?
Old 06-11-2009   #3
cw

Bueller? Bueller?

Fry? Fry?

Anyone?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2009   #4

It is LOW like barely runnable right now.
Old 06-11-2009   #5

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
OBJ at super low flows will rip your boat a new one in an instant. The slides are super sharp.

Doubt it will jump back up this weekend to good flows, but stranger things can happen. There is still some snow up there, maybe a few warm days can get her back in again.

I ran it this past weekend when the slate was around 500ish, and I felt like that was about as low as I would want to run it. Put a 14" gash in my nomad.
deepsouthpaddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009   #6

crested butte, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1990
Send a message via Yahoo to milo
.....obj flows...

....just went up to obj and the flows are surely low...the guardian rock at the top of the 24.85477373636 footer was 4-5 inches out of the water...if it is just covered, then it is "low"....there is plenty of snow...we've been getting freezing temps at night, snow, rain and hail everyday for quite a while...partly cloudy today...with a temp of 31 this am @ 8...it is not done for the season....the unofficial race may be postponed until next weekend....i sent this report to T.H. and the LVM posse...my boys skied yesterday in 6"of fresh(a novelty ski i'm sure)....but it snowed heavier last night.....not a dusting....if you come bring a bike of snow shoes just in case...the gunny play hole is back in this season and kicks corn hole(ass)...way faster and steeper than the bv holes...i'll keep ya'll posted....a crew of gals is headed up this afternoon to get daisy(loads of snow in that drainage) and ob...so, i'll get their input as well.....boats are expensive..of to surf the gunny hole....peace...milo
milo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009   #7

thanks for the beta.... this weather is nuts! looks like the inner gorge of the crystal should have enough water though....
seanlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009   #8
ACC

dropzone, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanlee View Post
thanks for the beta.... this weather is nuts! looks like the inner gorge of the crystal should have enough water though....
You dropping first, Sean?
ACC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009   #9

crested butte, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1990
Send a message via Yahoo to milo
....girl posse...

....chick posse did not get daisy or obj....too low....seemed a bit warmer today...gunny hole kicking corn....i bet by mid-week/next weekend we'll back in businesss....i bet the sking was good today though....milo
milo is offline   Reply With Quote