Wicked Good Read from a well-known boater - Mountain Buzz

Old 03-04-2013   #1

Bruceton Mills, West Virginia
Paddling Since: 1967
Wicked Good Read from a well-known boater

Leland Davis’ first novel “Precipice” is a wicked good read! His book carries you away like a wild rapid and keeps up the intensity all the way to the end. The main character is a river guide who gets asked to train a special ops team then gets pulled into their mission. The plot is tight, well crafted, and gripping! Paddlers will love the familiar scenes, but the story is too good not to share with people who don't run rivers. I think Leland, the guidebook writer, has found a new career! If you like James Lee Burke, John Sandford, or Tony Hillerman you should give it a try! Get it for $9.95 on your Kindle. Or read an excerpt on the NRS Website:

http://community.nrsweb.com/souls-an...ampaign=social

ccwalbridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2013   #2
River Gypsy

Swannanoa, North Carolina
Paddling Since: 1986
Thanks Charlie!

As a note, it's only $2.99 on Kindle - the paperback costs more because we have to pay to print them.

L
Leland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013   #3

Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
purchased. Looking forward to reading this.

(seven two 0)-298-2242
Dave Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2013   #4

Kalispell, Montana
Paddling Since: 1997
Cool. Will grab it on my wife's Kindle.
MT4Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013   #5
Dipshit with the most.

Bellevue, Idaho
Paddling Since: 1991
I saw you drop in on the Wood on the MF thread and remembered I needed to give you some feedback.

Hell Yeah. Awesome book my man. I really enjoyed it. First book I read on my daughter's kindle. I thought I was going to preview it or something as I wasn't sure about the ereader thing but I must have kindle set up to autopurchase. Best $3 i have spent in a long time.

Thanks and continued success. When is the next one coming out?
carvedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013   #6
River Gypsy

Thanks!! It always gets me fired up to hear that folks enjoy the book!

And yeah, I'm pretty much always lurking on the Buzz unless I'm on the road somewhere.

As for the sequel to the novel....it's totally going to depend on how much time I get to write it. I'm writing articles for three places to pay the bills right now, and teaching kayaking and raft guiding all summer. I have the plot figured out and a lot of the scenes outlined, but it's going to be mid-August before I can really start cranking on the writing. So hopefully the book will come out next February or so - but that's only a guess. It's going to depend on how much life and other projects get in the way.

Help me out and spread the word about PRECIPICE - the more I sell, the more time I have to write the next one!
Old 04-21-2013   #7

Park City, Utah
Paddling Since: 1982
Hey Leland,
After finding out about your book here on MB, I had our local library bring it in. Very enjoyable read. My kind of novel. The opening scene on the Gauley brought back memories of the many trips we did down there. Looking forward to the next one.
tmacc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013   #8

at my house, Montana
Paddling Since: 2020
Will you have it available on nook/epub?
Old 04-22-2013   #9
River Gypsy

It will eventually be available on Nook/ePub. In order to run the free promotion that I did this weekend, I had to commit to exclusively sell the digital version of the book through Amazon for 90 days. I think I have about a month left on that. Those free promotions are one of the best ways to gain exposure as a new author, so I felt like it had to be done.

With most authors reporting that Nook accounts for less than 5% of book sales, I decided it was worth it to wait.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
Old 04-22-2013   #10

Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
A real page turner. Thanks Leland. Looking forward to Reading about Chip's next mission.

(seven two 0)-298-2242
Dave Frank is offline   Reply With Quote