Why rafters suck..., by big dick - Mountain Buzz

Old 08-05-2005   #1

Why rafters suck..., by big dick

Ha, just kidding. Made you look.

I blow my nose in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries. Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time.

bigboater is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2005   #2
Spits Hot Fire

N. Cascades, Washington
I'll tell ya why they suck, my friends uncle had a party/permit for the Main salmon last week, they wouldn't take me for the fact that I am a "Kayslacker". They let my bud go cause he's family and of course were grateful after he helped out with a mishap on one of the rafts. Instead, they took a bunch of urban yups that were ready to be outta there the second day...."are there any more rapids...we dont want any more rapids" fuknshiatpissr..I'm still not over it..
FLOWTORCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005   #3

Golden, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1984
Flow, my friend, you should be happy you didn't go along as a kayaker on the Main. It's pretty freakin' flat for kayakers. 80 miles of it, and I'd say at the current level the play is probably minimal and far between Class I-II slogs. Kiss their ass and hold out for a Middle Fork or Selway run- they're much better kayaking rivers - unless they're too pussified to row those rivers (and if they had trouble on the Main Salmon, that's entirely likely).
El Flaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2005   #4
Spits Hot Fire

N. Cascades, Washington
Yah, I knew it wouldn't be much ww but I wouldn't mind spending a week gettin chorted in some prime scenery, seeing as I haven't done too many rivers in Idaho. As far as selway and mid fork, I'm guessin they wont be getting any of those soon, dude that had the permit was neither a yakker or rafter, pfft.
FLOWTORCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005   #5

Golden, Colorado
bigdick... no hard feelings,for sure. your post just rubbed me the wrong way. you still can't borrow my BIG LONG 16ft hyside though.

flowtorch, i've got a permit for the middle fork of the salmon on the 22nd followed soon after a permit for the Main. You, of course, are not invited on either cuz I suck... and so do you.

bkp77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005   #6

Salida, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1993
flowtorch the proper term is "slackyaker"

bigboater are you some kind of gay ass frenchman. If so and I see you on the river you can't have any of the copious amounts of beer I have in my raft...

but flowtorch can since he acknowledges the fact that he is a slackyacker.
stinginrivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005   #7

Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Jeez, I was wondering how soon it'd get down to that "kayakers vs rafters" crap:

"rafters suck, no kayakers suck, no rafters suck, blah blah blah..."

Like Rodney King said, "Can't we all just get along?"

If BB and FT are so pissed at their rubber rowin brethren they can go do their own self-support kayak trips on the MF or Selway. Some guy's uncle didn't bring FT on a trip so all rafters are assholes. Boy, you can't argue with logic like that, huh?

In the meantime, don't we have better issues to get riled about than each other, like the Lower Blue River access? Comments are due to the BLM by the 18th of this month.

--Andy
Nothing in the world is more yielding and gentle than water. Yet it has no equal for conquering the resistant and tough. The flexible can overcome the unbending; the soft can overcome the hard. - Lao Tse
Andy H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005   #8

Denver, Colorado
Can't we all just get a bong!?
crae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005   #9

Back to open boats...Bigboater I'll go halfsies on an open boat with you if you can find one your cheap ass is willing to throw down for. I've heard that boofing big ledges in an OC1 is unreal. I'm serious. I think they'd be better in the SE though, don't know about 1,000 + cfs class V in an open boat. It's the ultimate regression: from K-1 to C-1 to OC-1. So naturally I'm drawn to it.

Oh yeah, go to Gart Bros and buy your folks a Sevylor Tahiti Classic. It can handle anything on the upper C and you won't have to worry about offending anymore rafters, though they may pull rank on you and give you a lecture for using inferior rubber.
Hartje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005   #10

Not a river guide, Ft. FunK
Hey, Andy. Why dont you pull your panties out. You don't know the whole story so quit whining. FT and i have plenty of friends that are rafters, some are guides,others guided in the past and now raft or cat privately. We tag along and switch it up often. And i kayak and have an inflatable. So quit taking shit so serious. Damn, i thought most kayakers and rafters were men, not little whiny bitches (most people on these boards)who take everything personal.
gapers is offline   Reply With Quote