Who would have thought..... - Mountain Buzz

Old 03-08-2012   #1

Farmington, Utah
Paddling Since: 2009
Who would have thought.....

That a simple trip to a local thrift store for a cheap chair for my work bench would yield three old school kayaking VHS's. I picked up Nurpu, Twitch, and Still Twitch'n for a $1 a piece. Well worth it. I have seen Nurpu before one of my all time favorites from back in the day.

Flying_Spaghetti_Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2012   #2
Dipshit with the most.

Bellevue, Idaho
Paddling Since: 1991
So you admit you still have a VHS machine?
carvedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012   #3

Farmington, Utah
No I bought one for $5 there yesterday as well DVD's are awesome, but man VHS's are not completely use less.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2012   #4

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
I stumbled onto a copy of " The Floaters Guide to Colorado' by Doug Wheat at Albertsons for $5 once. CCR2 was just out but it was nice to get a copy of a once good book that wasn't beat up from road trips and curly from reading in the tub.

I have a TV with built in VCR that sits in a closet,except a few times a year i break it out to watch old Kayak vids including Twitch 1, Vallhala,Wehyakin ,and one tape my friend bootlegged off rentals from Confluence , sorry Jon i didn't do it ,with half a dozen awesome old school vids like Falling Down, Creekin'*USA, and a couple of Teva Tours with the Kern Bros. and company. The music was way better !!! Creekin USA 's music ummm... not so good they made up their own songs about creekin' music okay words corny.
cayo 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012   #5

Farmington, Utah
Any hand paddling in those old videos? I am trying to collect as much old school hand paddling footage as possible.
Old 03-08-2012   #6

Denver, Colorado
There might be. I don't remember much,except a Jim Snyder squirt boating instructional video that is way too technical for me,besides i can't even get one leg in a squirt boat. So didn't pay much attention but i think he uses them part time . Now I gotta watch it again . Has some semi extreme duckying and shredder /culebra type r-2 ing . If it has any hand paddling i'll let you know. There is another Tom De Cuir rolling video that has hand roll instruction might use hand paddles too.
Old 03-09-2012   #7

Farmington, Utah
I would be interested in the squirt boat video if you don't watch it.
Old 03-09-2012   #8

Denver, Colorado
I' d be happy to give it to you , except it is on a tape with other stuff i'd like to keep...not positive he even uses hand paddles.... if you want a ridiculously complex technical play boating video ,I'll give you one by Corran Addison that has instructions along the lines of ... "you just do this this this this this and that like Steve Fisher here ".... yeah ok dude