Who wants a new October Hole?? - Mountain Buzz

Old 07-03-2013   #1

Lyons, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1998
Send a message via AIM to erdvm1
Who wants a new October Hole??

So there has been a raffle created to raise money for the modification of the October hole in Lyons.
The winner will receive a Jackson Kayak of their choice, a prijon kayak and a private lesson from Stephen Wright of Team Jackson.

Dave H will fill in the details further of what you will win and when the drawing will officially be.
We need your help..........actually we all need everyone's financial support. So, in about a month the hole will be modified with the goal of improving it for low water play boating. Then we will have a place on the front range to kayak until late in the season. This can only happen if you buy raffle tickets. Donating money is fine too.

To buy (and support colorado kayaking) raffle tickets please send money via paypal to
[email protected]
Send as a "GIFT" this way Paypal will not deduct any of the money
Please include your name, phone and email
We will fill out all your raffle tickets with your info and drop them in the box for you.

The tickets are $5 each or five tickets for $20

Lets do this. Often times people say what can I do to help................Well, here ya go.

erdvm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-03-2013   #2

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1996
Solid work! Tickets bought...and I need the lessons.
stubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013   #3
KSC

Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2003
A man of action! Nice job getting this going. The October Hole is great to have around when you need some practice and everything else is dry and it would be even more awesome if the feature was better. I'm gonna Paypal my tickets right now and hope this isn't one of those Nigerian scams I keep falling for (hey, he said his mother was sick). I'd be excited about winning except I never win these things. My hope is that Dave will win, and then I can buy a boat off of him and use it to do tricky woos in the October Hole, which I will be able to deduce the flow from using River Brain.
KSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-03-2013   #4

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Sweet! Thanks for setting this up. I don't have a Paypal account, but I emailed you money for the tickets directly from my checking account (Chase). Let me know if you have issues getting it. Thanks again.
pbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013   #5

Lyons, Colorado
Peter, thanks, can you just send a check to me
310 McConnell Dr
Lyons CO
Please make sure it says O-hole and has email and phone.
I couldnt get the chase money
Thanks So much!!!!

Thanks Kevin!!
Old 07-03-2013   #6

Denver, Colorado
It's in the mail! This sounds like a great project. Thanks again for making it happen.
pbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013   #7

Lyons, Colorado
Talk it up. Please get your friends to buy tickets. If someone can facebook this that would be great. Could be a great prize for someone just wanting to break into kayaking as well.
Old 07-03-2013   #8

I posted it to to a couple places on Facebook. I'll get a check in the mail. I'm with Kevin that I never win these types of raffles, but if the modifications make it a good spot we all win.
Nathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013   #9

Boulder, Colorado
Tickets bought! Thanks for putting this together, and Ill keep my fingers crossed for the raffle! When are you doing the drawing?

Cheers...
bobblehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013   #10

Lyons, Colorado
I did want to throw out that this has been a group effort. Dave H raised $800 by himself at LOG. Nice work Dave. Marty of course has donated his time and a boat. Stephen has donated his knowledge and time. S20 designs is once again donating time, money and knowledge to help us reach this goal. Prijon is always a great supporter of local kayaking needs. The Town of Lyons is donating a large amount of in kind money thanks to Adam Schwartz discussing the issue with them at length. There are quite a few others that have and are putting in time and elbow grease as well.
Thanks to everyone but there is still a lot to be raised if we want this done this year