Who stole my FNA fullface in BakersBox - Mountain Buzz

Old 08-21-2007   #1

Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1998
Who stole my FNA fullface in BakersBox

i was hiking into bakers, slipped, fell down the cliff a ways, my boat fell in the river along with most of my gear in the boat, my brand new FNA fullface included. ERO got my boat out of the river a few days later and clipped my helmet in it. He then went back a few days later to move my boat further downstream and my helmet was gone. The helmet is blue fading to white in the front. If you stole my helmet you should give it back to me or drop it at Fourcorners riversports. If not karma will sort it out for you.

Advertisement

Old 08-21-2007   #2

4CRS, Durango, Colorado
You Suck, You Lose

So I am paddling the other day, and lo and behold there is a Kayak washed up on the side of the river. Well, being a thrifty kayaker and always looking for some good river booty, I went over to investigate. Now, lest you think that I am new to paddling and the collection of river booty, let me assure you that I have tons of experience. I have many times found unoccupied rafts along the shore and have helped myself to a few beers and some snacks. I have found a bunch of paddles in the river that I have only needed to cross out the former owners name and write my own, I once found a kayak floating down the river by itself and Score! new boat! Anyway, back to the other day, I see this Mystic which is in a sheer walled gorge and there is no one around, so I go to check it out. I figure that if a guy loses his shit he could at least send his old lady in there to haul it out. Now, either you ain't got no old lady or you don't want your stuff. I would have taken all of that shit out of the gorge but who the hell wants a Mystic and the helmet is the only thing I really needed cause I hit my head alot. So sorry to say, it is not my fault you can't even make it to the river. If you would like to buy your helmet back, Call me.
TonyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007   #3

Gypsum, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Wow tony, either you have a really strange sense of humor or you are a real piece of sh*t!
stumpster is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2007   #4

Durango, CO
Paddling Since: 1990
I'm surprised nobody's seen the front end of Old Man English's shotgun yet.
d.e. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007   #5

Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
First of all, I know sarcasm can be tricky for the typed word, but if you can't pick it up in tony's post you are both blind and deaf.

I am hoping, if not actually assuming this helmet was stolen by a non-boater.

Good luck getting your gear back!

(seven two 0)-298-2242
Dave Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007   #6

Durango, Colorado
well dave,i do see the sarcasm, and you would have to be a very motivated and good climber to get into the gorge. Im sorry to say that it must have been another classV paddler.
Old 08-21-2007   #7

Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Sorry, I'm not familiar with the gorge, other than its general location/magnitude.

That really sucks if an experienced paddler went in there and poached your helmet. I was standing up for our brothers, as I can't even imagine a paddler doing that. Hopefully there is another (although still lame) person who managed to get in there and take it.

(seven two 0)-298-2242
Dave Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007   #8

Durango, CO
Paddling Since: 1990
There's got to be some irony in going poaching and getting poached. I'm not talking smack, just offering a little perspective. Hopefully the big shutdown isn't coming. Hope you get your gear back and heal up quickly. I wouldn't automatically assume it was a boater, there are other people who know how to get around in the gorge.
d.e. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007   #9

You work at 4 corners?

You must have been the guy who gave me some info on the run. Unfortunately no one would drop in with me, so we moved on to Black Canyon.

Thanks again for the info though, we will be back. I hope you find your helmet.

Kirk
Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007   #10

Durango, Colorado
once i heal up ill take you in there,