who designs the best whitewater features? - Mountain Buzz

Old 11-14-2008   #1

Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
who designs the best whitewater features?

One of my coworkers is working on a river improvements project and the plans include putting in a whitewater feature. Who are some good WW park designers to tell him about?

Thanks,

-AH

Nothing in the world is more yielding and gentle than water. Yet it has no equal for conquering the resistant and tough. The flexible can overcome the unbending; the soft can overcome the hard. - Lao Tse
Andy H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2008   #2

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1993
Mcpherson Engineering,
I believe they did the olympic park on the ocoee, confluence park in denver as well, I could be wrong but i think they also did the park with a built in conveyor in the DC area-virginia..
Kendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008   #3
gh

pnw, Colorado
Didnt Lacy and crew do all the Colorado stuff? I would recommend them.
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2008   #4

Mad Scientist/Creeker
Nick Turner's group River Restoration is IMO at the forefront of instream designs. They are located in Glenwood and designed the new park there - which is amazing.
Old 11-14-2008   #5

ww

Nick Turner left River Restoration after Glenwood was designed and works for McLaughlin Whitewater now in Denver, they did the conveyer one the earlier post mentioned. I think it depends what you are designing for who is best. If it is a small budget, organic-type park then Mike Harvey or River Restoration may be the best. If it is a technical project with lots of engineering and the desire for a high performance feature then Nick and the others at McLaughlin Whitewater may be the best.
whitewater-lifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008   #6

Definitely check out REP - Home | REP

Good engineers, great parks. Plus, they have Mike Harvey!
Old 11-14-2008   #7

Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1989
Lacey did not do the park here in Durango and thank God he didn't! I like other stuff besides left handed cartwheels. Salida was completely homegrown just like our park has been. The park in Glenwood is sweet. Went there in June and it was off the f-ing hook. I think Scott Shipley will be doing our park in about 2012-13, after the lawyers are done lawyering.
hullflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008   #8

Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 1999
gary lacy, caspers park is off the hook at the right water level.
caspermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by hullflyer View Post
Lacey did not do the park here in Durango and thank God he didn't! I like other stuff besides left handed cartwheels. Salida was completely homegrown just like our park has been. The park in Glenwood is sweet. Went there in June and it was off the f-ing hook. I think Scott Shipley will be doing our park in about 2012-13, after the lawyers are done lawyering.
REP is Lacey's company - Shipley works fom them. REP designed and maintains the Salida park....as far as I know.