Whitewater Symposium early deadline extended - Mountain Buzz

Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Kayaking

Old 09-09-2005   #1

Whitewater Symposium early deadline extended

The deadline for early registration has been extended for the Whitewater Symposium, to be held in Glenwood Springs Colorado October 8-10.
Adding to a long list of distinguished Instructors at the symposium are Phil and Mary DeRiemer who have been teaching for over 25 years. They are known for individualizing their guiding and teaching styles to fit your needs. They'll be glad to work with you on your paddling technique, river strategies and playing, or just back you up as you go for a move. Phil DeRiemer is appreciated for his ability to motivate and instill confidence while weaving his good humor into a day on the river. "Instruction-wise, I strive to give you what you want while slipping in what you need!" Mary DeRiemer helps paddlers move beyond perceived limitations in a supportive, fun and patient manner. "I know that as a paddler, you can do anything I can do. My goal is to help you know that."
The Whitewater symposium focus is on generating new ideas to support the continued health of whitewater boating through building and maintaining the quality of instruction and promoting a positive media image of the sport. The Symposium is a meeting of the minds that helps take kayaking into the future. It’s a stimulating and exhilarating event you will not want to miss!

Check out the website schedule and course list at www.wwsymposium.com <http://www.wwsymposium.com/> and see if any scheduled topics interest you! Early registration closes September 15th.

kentford is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2005   #2

Hey Kent - looking forward to it!
Just wondering if any type of syllabus will be available which further describes all the sessions? Literally, there are at least two topics in every time period that I'd like to attend and I'm having trouble deciding which to go to...!
Caiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005   #3

Symposium syllabus will be released soon

Glad you like the lineup! We have a pretty amazing bunch of instructors attending who are psyched for the event. Expanded topic descriptions and a near final schedule should be posted by September 19th.
kentford is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-16-2005   #4

Re: Whitewater Symposium early deadline extended

Kent,
I've signed up for the whitewater parks seminar as well as the whitewater symposium. Do you know if I will be able to tent camp during the whitewater parks seminar instead of getting a room at the Ramada? I'm not sure of the layout of everything in Glenwood springs and I'm thinking of just taking the shuttle up and not renting a car. Is this doable for the entire whitewater parks seminar and whitewater symposium? I'd appreciate any feedback and/or suggestions. Thanks.
I'm really looking forward to both events.

--Elena
Sundance River Center
14894 Galice Rd.
Merlin, OR 97532
541-479-8508

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentford
The deadline for early registration has been extended for the Whitewater Symposium, to be held in Glenwood Springs Colorado October 8-10.
Adding to a long list of distinguished Instructors at the symposium are Phil and Mary DeRiemer who have been teaching for over 25 years. They are known for individualizing their guiding and teaching styles to fit your needs. They'll be glad to work with you on your paddling technique, river strategies and playing, or just back you up as you go for a move. Phil DeRiemer is appreciated for his ability to motivate and instill confidence while weaving his good humor into a day on the river. "Instruction-wise, I strive to give you what you want while slipping in what you need!" Mary DeRiemer helps paddlers move beyond perceived limitations in a supportive, fun and patient manner. "I know that as a paddler, you can do anything I can do. My goal is to help you know that."
The Whitewater symposium focus is on generating new ideas to support the continued health of whitewater boating through building and maintaining the quality of instruction and promoting a positive media image of the sport. The Symposium is a meeting of the minds that helps take kayaking into the future. It’s a stimulating and exhilarating event you will not want to miss!

Check out the website schedule and course list at www.wwsymposium.com <http://www.wwsymposium.com/> and see if any scheduled topics interest you! Early registration closes September 15th.
Elena Dabbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005   #5

Teacher
Elena,

It is about a 10 - 15 minute bike ride from Rock Gardens along the river on a paved bike path to the Ramada, The Tram, and all of downtown. It would be doable to camp the whole week but at that time of year I would definately bring warm clothes for the bike ride. It could be very pleasant, beautiful, and "brisk". It could also snow. In the Logistics and Details section on the site they list a bike rental place that is also right there. I think it could be a nice way to go if your prepared for "Brisk " weather.

Peter Benedict