Whitewater Kayaking Study of Motivation - Mountain Buzz

Old 06-04-2012   #1

Clemson, South Carolina
Paddling Since: 1985
Whitewater Kayaking Study of Motivation

Greetings Fellow Paddlers,
My name is Jon Evans and I am a Graduate Student at Clemson University studying the motivations of whitewater kayakers. I am inviting you to participate in this research to identify the motivations of paddlers and its affect on participation. The survey should take about 10 minutes to complete.

The purpose of this study is to measure basic needs, identify the motivations of whitewater kayakers and determine if those motivations impact paddler’s participation in the sport of whitewater kayaking. Motivations of whitewater kayakers are mostly assumed since no studies have been conducted assessing needs and their correlation to motivation.

The importance of the study may include, but is not limited to, providing insight for the “why” aspect of paddling, assist in discussions where policy makers are concerned regarding stereotypes of paddlers, and in the development of programs or trainings for instructors.

If you would like to participate in this research please follow the link provided below.
LINK TO SURVEY:
https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/DGBJTTG

phreekenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-04-2012   #2

Buena Vista, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Done
lmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012   #3

You forgot to ask about one of the most important motivations to kayak "Love of being in the River"
David H is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-04-2012   #4

Beaverton, Oregon
Paddling Since: 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by David H View Post
You forgot to ask about one of the most important motivations to kayak "Love of being in the River"
Make that "Love of being one with the River".
brandob9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012   #5

Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 06
not quite motivated to take your survey right now, I'm about to go kayaking. I'll get to it later...
Old 06-04-2012   #6

Carbondale, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2007
I grew up in the mountains and identify myself as a skier, but I also mountain bike a lot with some road biking. I took up kayaking later in life as my mid life crisis sport. The new boats make it more comfortable and enjoyable much as the new generation of skis and boots expanded skiing. I prefer play parks during high water as I can park and play for an hour or two and then go home, no need to set up shuttles. I don't seek out "rapids" as I have a family and don't need to endanger them, have no problem with Shoshone, never the Crystal. As with skiing I am confident that the people I am with will dig me out if necessary, same type of person different sport. I like Mountain Buzz but know how it is...first post so fire away if you want.
Paul59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012   #7

I did not want to offend you. I just thought you might want to add another question.
David H is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kayaking