Whitewater Blogs - Mountain Buzz

Old 10-08-2015   #1

Buena Vista, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Whitewater Blogs

Since very few quality trip reports get posted here anymore (besides Baer, Where Is Baer ?, and Mikesee, Big Wheel Building), I was hoping we could get a list of quality whitewater blogs/websites going. Which are your favorites?

I used to read the CKS trip reports and watch the Bombflow videos, but neither has been updated much lately.

Looking for some off-season entertainment! Thanks.

Trip Reports - Colorado Kayak Supply Blog : Colorado Kayak Supply Blog

BOMB FLOW MAGAZINE

lmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2015   #2
God Amongst Men

Phuoc My, Da Nang, THE 'NAM
Paddling Since: 1845
Both of those are great websites. I like Mike's a lot obviously because he is a Western Slope man, but he's also got a great eye for photography. Some amazing shots on there.

The Bomb Flow boys transitioned into Substantial Media House a while back. Grew up a little bit but still lots of great kayaking.

Leif & Natalie are fun to follow.

LiquidLore is a nice resource for Canada boating. They've got a good beta website and a decent blog.

And Darin McQuoid runs a nice, clean self-titled website, a modern progeny of his original "jscreekin". Not that much on heavy content, but always has phenomenal pictures, and good product reviews and photography advice.
Old 10-08-2015   #3

BV, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2011
The CKS blog is being revamped as we speak. Look for more gear reviews and trip reports in the next few weeks. On that note, what kind of posts do people want to see? I'd love to hear some suggestions!
tskoe23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2015   #4

Canberra, OZ
Paddling Since: 2003
Into the outside

for exploratory and classic PNW runs
yakkeranna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015   #5

BV, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2011
Just posted a review on the CKS Blog. Working on a Gauley Fest trip report next.
tskoe23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015   #6

Bisters, Oregon
Paddling Since: 2002
Seems like many of the really progressive kayakers don't take the time for a proper blog and just have channels on Vimeo or YouTube. Aniol & Gerd (SBP) and the Wells Bros Mountain Mind Collective are amazing...

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz
jmacn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015   #7
doesn't need a fake name

Fort Collins, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1996
Second shout out to Darin Mcquoid. He posted a bunch of updates recently.

This is an inspiration to write some more blog content. I'm on it.

Sent from my XT1080 using Mountain Buzz mobile app
leif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015   #8

Buena Vista, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Thanks for the posts guys. I'm ok with links to vimeo/youtube accounts or just cool videos too....

CKS linked a great Black Canyon video in an email from them this morning. It's a few years old, but I hadn't seen it and there is at least 1 or 2 Buzz members in it.

lmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015   #9

Boatin', Colorado
Whatever happend to The Range Life and Huckin Huge?
Peev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015   #10

Three Rivers, California
Paddling Since: 2002
Hey thanks for the shout out, I've been trying to get caught up, it's not as easy these days as I'm doing more "real work". After a hundred plus trip reports I find it hard to have too much to say about rivers. There were rapids and a couple portages, we had a good time...plus less new rivers every year, and the drought...fifty laps on the Kaweah didn't leave me with a whole lot to say. Hopefully more variety with the el nino thing this year.

To the best of my knowledge all of The Range Life crew has retired from serious kayaking. What a shame as they had great writing. Cody @ HH had a few back to back injuries and is currently living & working in AZ, we all know how good the paddling is there. He assures me he's scouted some incredible desert first descents, not sure if he'll be able to drag me away from California for that though
darinm is offline   Reply With Quote