which sunscreen for flat water innertubing - Mountain Buzz

Old 02-10-2012   #1

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
which sunscreen for flat water innertubing

Don't mean to belittle any type of boating,but...rafting is absurdly gear intensive and taking everything but the kitchen sink [and probably that to ] seems like complete anathema to the wilderness experience to me. Yes it is nice to eat well and be comfortable,but do we really need threads about umbrellas in the boating forum ? Not trying to go all 'Yeti' on you but could we at least keep the oarlock and umbrella discussions in Gear Talk...not that it really matters there is not much boating talk anyway at the moment... i started this thread as much out of boredom as really bitchin' so offended rafters fire away.

cayo 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2012   #2

Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by cayo 2 View Post
i started this thread as much out of boredom as really bitchin' so offended rafters fire away.
I never would've guessed. If you feel like a post is in the wrong forum, just click that little red and white triangle below the poster's name, and report. The moderators will consider whether it should be moved and act accordingly.

-AH
Nothing in the world is more yielding and gentle than water. Yet it has no equal for conquering the resistant and tough. The flexible can overcome the unbending; the soft can overcome the hard. - Lao Tse
Andy H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012   #3

Denver, Colorado
OK Andy,

I followed your instructions.Is this not a ' gear talk' topic if ever there was one? Thanks for your work as admin.

Jay
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2012   #4

Orem, Utah
Paddling Since: 1969
After having carcenoma removed from my back on two seperate occasions I would have to say "Stay the hell covered up" long sleeve pants and shirt with a large brimmed hat and spf 2,000 on your hands and feet.
When I was a kid in the Grand Canyon you could tell who the guides were because they were the ones that had shorts and the darkest tans. Now you can tell who the guides are because they are the ones covered up the most.
kikii875 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012   #5

Denver, Colorado
kiki,
I certainly meant no disrespect to people with skin cancer.Glad you are ok now. I was trying to stir the pot and point out that the discussion belonged in gear talk. There is a school of medical thought saying we are not getting enough sun exposure and it contributes to vitamin D deficiencies and sleep disorders . You need a happy medium . Some people are more susceptible including probably a redhead like me. I should probably use sunscreen more. I just can't see myself EVER using an umbrella,ok maybe twice in 47 years. If I had small kids in intense sun i would use one for them.
Old 02-10-2012   #6

Orem, Utah
Paddling Since: 1969
Cayo,
No disrepect taken. I was just getting on my soap box about the importance of skin care and future consequences. Something that I wish we know more about when I was a kid. But I am cancer free for 9 years now.
kikii875 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012   #7

Denver,, exhaustion
i don't know but from every rafter thread EVER.... i have learned that you should bring the YETI COOLer. plus i'm sure that the YETI COOLer will keep the sunscreen from being to runny.....

oh yeah..... YETI
get a YETI.

did i mention YETI?

just checking.
Old 02-10-2012   #8

New Castle, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2001
My Pins & Clips can beat up you Engel cooler! Provided the Moab daily flows aren't to high.
Old 02-10-2012   #9

C. Springs, Colorado
Do you put your sunscreen on under or over your wet suit.....or do you prefer a drysuit?
caverdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012   #10

at my house, Montana
Paddling Since: 2020
What kind of socks do you all wear?