Where the hell's our Gary day 3 and 4 report. - Mountain Buzz

Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Kayaking

Old 04-16-2004   #1

Where the hell's our Gary day 3 and 4 report.

Does he still need help putting on his skirt? Give us some details. I heard he porked up over the winter and is around 250, is this true?
I hope your taking him on some runs with water in them and none of that low water Trethaway style bullshit. We'll see you out in Durango this year Leland, it's gonna be exciting down here.

waynechorter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2004   #2
River Gypsy

Swannanoa, North Carolina
Paddling Since: 1986
followup

we got big east fork on day three - i will try to post some stills at some point.

later that afternoon gary went with trip to the west prong at HIGH water. i'll let him post and let you know the outcome. i will say that pro boaters were carrying out.

we did linville the next day - 16+ miles in 6.5 hours. it was blowing snow when we put in - so too damn cold for shooting video.

it was great having gary out this way - hopefully he'll be back for another round with more colorado folks next spring!

Leland
Leland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004   #3

Jackson, Wyoming
Paddling Since: 94
Send a message via Yahoo to Gary E
I'm back

Sup choad?

Had a great time with the eastern boys and got some cool runs in...Started off with Tahlaula(sp) it was fun and oceana is awesome the rest is great scenery...Then the green,been there done that...I got speed trapped then got caught in the scream hole all the while the kids yelling swim..

Day 3 was big east fork,it's a great run with some colorado style boating and fun drops...

Also went to the west prong with trip and that shit was STOMPING!I swam...I blame bad beta(no beta) on this drop because it is a bad place to be where I was...Had to pull when I went into the cave.Ran to amtrak and got out...Cold and very tired...Lots of boaters hanging and good to see some of my eastern buddies..

Day 4 was linville...This run is beautiful and very dangerous...It reminds me of cheeseman on steriods with a hundred more drops and a thousand more sieves and undercuts...Leland and trip are the best guides you could want for this run...All verbals though,lol...

day5 rest day....

The east of awesome and can't wait to go back and hit the rest of my list...

Gary
Gary E is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2004   #4

nice work! Linville sounds means.
waynechorter is offline   Reply With Quote