Where is the best place to lve in Colorado - Mountain Buzz

Old 09-04-2005   #1

Where is the best place to lve in Colorado

I am primarily a boater(III-IV), but do enjoy boarding and skiing. Am thinking about buying in Co. Have been to Telluride, Steamboat and
Vail,like them all but have never spent more than a few weeks in any location. Would I be better suited buying in the Salida or Durango area?

airbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-04-2005   #2
Spits Hot Fire

N. Cascades, Washington
T-ride, Vail and Steamboat......must be nice, ya loady?!? You forgot to mention this one undiscovered hidden jewel of colorado, it's called Aurora,shhhh. :P
FLOWTORCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005   #3

Steamboat, Durango and Salida are all good bets. What about job and cost of liviing criteria though? Steamboat is probably the most expensive of the three, with Salida being the cheapest. I'd steer clear of Vail, not only because of the cost to live there being so high but also because of the annoyance of having to listen to I-70 every waking moment of the day and night (yeah, I USED to live there).

If I were moving somewhere to primarily ski/board, with close proximity to good boating, it would be Silverton. If I were moving somewhere to boat, with close proximity to good skiing, it would be Buena Vista/Salida. Salida seems like it has the most progressive boating community in CO.

If you're interested in buying property, you should check out Jed and Katie Selby's project in BV:

http://www.southmainriverpark.com/Default.asp

Dav
gard_nerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-04-2005   #4

Not a river guide, Ft. FunK
First off, where are you from? If your from Texas, dont even think about it. Same goes for most east coast states.
gapers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005   #5

I'm from Georgia; that's not a problem is it?
After all, we in the SE invented creeking on Waldens Ridge
Where is Aurora?
airbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005   #6
Spits Hot Fire

N. Cascades, Washington
I'd say GA is ok. Just do everyone a favor and and dont invite everyone you know. Thats the gateway effect, every brah who moves here tends to invite everyone of their hometown bro-brahs so pretty soon it's like your living in freakin wisconsin except your in the Rocky mtns.
FLOWTORCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005   #7

Eagle, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1994
Yum. Georgia is a good place to be from.

Scott

UGA 2005
Fort Collins 2005+
GAtoCSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005   #8

Lyons, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1998
Send a message via AIM to erdvm1
If you're really interested in boating stay in GA. If you like to boat and ride/ski ......Durango, Crested Butte and Salida are great places. How bout them DAWGS!!!?!!! Boise State got a serious ass whoopin!!
erdvm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005   #9

Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1991
here's one for you...24 miles from Copper Mtn, 37 miles from Vail and Beaver Creek, 17 miles from the Numbers on the Ark.....and real estate thats actually affordable... plus a couple of decent coffee houses...only thing is it's at TEN thousand feet...Leadville. I have lived in the mountains of CO for 17 years (Winter Park, Summit County) and Leadville is essentially a suburb of both Vail and Breckenridge areas. People who don't live here like to gripe about how cold it is, but I have seen more subzero days in Winter Park/Fraser, and Silverthorne. Just so you know A.B...There are going to be plenty of old graybeard boaters, skiers, and boarders around to show you the ropes, that always will welcome a new face so long as you are a cool, respectful and kind person. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
robatnordic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005   #10
no tengo

Baytopia, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1876
we got NOTHING here - NOTHING!

dana in durango
mania is offline   Reply With Quote