what's with the offensive insults to women? - Mountain Buzz

Old 11-09-2004   #1

what's with the offensive insults to women?

I briefly scanned the "vote" thread and found, like I have seen here many times before, that some of you guys just keep insulting women.

You think you are so clever when you throw out these insults to other guys: "you are such a woman/lady/girl" "you squat to pee" "your wife/gf was licking my __" etc. One of my favorites that I still remember from years ago was when good old GE told me to "shut your cum dribbling lips" in a thread about rescue training.

Is it such an insult to be a woman (or somehow like a woman)? It's not only offensive, but hugely insensitive, esp. the sexual references. I believe the statistics are that 1 in 4 women is sexually assaulted during her lifetime. I'm sure the female kayakers who unfortunately are in that category love reading this crap.

Grow up and try to be a little more respectful.

mountainbuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2004   #2

Englewood, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1978
When I lived out east and used to be a BT regular, I'd see posts every months about "How come girls who boat aren't interested in me?" Maybe there's a correlation?

Disrespect of any serious sort - sexual, politcal, religious, whatever - it has no place in the boating community -- our community.

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid."
- Soren Kierkegaard
Caspian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004   #3

Lyons, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1998
Send a message via AIM to erdvm1
Claire, In Re: to your post. I am truly sorry that you and all the other women on this board (including my wife) have to be exposed to that kind of insensitive and inconsiderate type of talk. That goes for this board and anywhere else. Shoot me an email. I'd like to tell you about something OT.
erdvm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2004   #4

On respect and Respecting women

"Disrespect of any serious sort - sexual, politcal, religious, whatever - it has no place in the boating community -- our community."

I agree wholeheartedly! I have a wonderful wife, and am blessed with her friendship! I can not imagine why any guy finds it necessary to be crass and crude, to any woman, except their own immature insecurity. You gals are the greatest and most wonderful blessing, so accept my apology for those men who have trouble expressing themselves in a more civil fashion.

As I said in my previous post on another thread, one of the main issues to me concerning the moral fibre of America, is the lack of respect for everyone, and everything. We protest our own rights, while trashing the rights of others, and by so doing fail to realize that we lose all respect, and self respect. Even the land and the rivers will eventuall eject us!
KnesisKnosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004   #5

re apologies

My wife says I should leave it to the offending parties to apologize for themselves, if they are man enough!
KnesisKnosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004   #6
esp

BV, Colorado
Mountainbuns,

I know that you were not refering to me when you used abbreviation esp. but for the sake of those who either skim or did not read your post throughly enough, I, esp, have made no comments that degrade or insult women.

I do understand your disdain for being on the recieving end of such comments. I would say, and this is not to make an excuesse, or an out for those that went too far, that it is probably more an issue of awarness, than it is true woman bashing, but I do not speak for the other posters who may have offended. Nor am I saying that because it may be an issue of awarness, that it is okay, any less offending, or less insensitive.
esp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004   #7

Carbondale, Colorado
Paddling Since: 94
sorry

really sorry I called those guys ladies. That was a true insult to all women. I had no intention to offend anyone but them.
mattyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004   #8

Not a river guide, Ft. FunK
I think you ladies should grow some balls. Boohoo, you read something offensive....welcome to the internet. I'll tell you what, I'll apologize on their behalf when someone apologizes to me for Re-electing the biggest Douchebag in America.
gapers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004   #9

Now you are all talking like a bunch of 21st century GIRLY men.
Bobby Whitit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004   #10

Agree it's probably more often an issue of awareness which is why I brought it up. The guys who just don't care, I expected the response they've given. The guys who just are unaware might now think about their choice of insult, especially if they like the idea of having more women in the boating community and on web boards like these.

I don't need to grow balls, but thanks for the suggestion. Sorry if you don't like a woman who says what she thinks and who actually does some thinking once in a while. Maybe when you grow up you'll realize that respect and kindness count more than puffing your feathers and needing to have the last word. Then again, maybe not.
mountainbuns is offline   Reply With Quote