What improvements at whitewater parks? - Mountain Buzz

Old 02-25-2012   #1

What improvements at whitewater parks?

What improvements are happening at the whitewater parks?

Is the Lawson hole going to be fixed?
Is the Dam going to be removed below BV?
Anything else around the state?

basil is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2012   #2

Silverthorne, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2001
The one down in Farmington, NM was just overhauled week before last. It's not in CO, but its close enough to Durango to count I'd say.

The top feature is a sweet wave, and the bottom one that was overhauled looks like its going to be a sweet hole, previously it was a nice recirculating pit of doom from the concrete breaking away form undercutting.

Revving up the rapids - Farmington Daily Times
City hopes repaired rapid is a hit - Farmington Daily Times
DoubleYouEss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012   #3

Shit Creek, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Hows about the dam on lower CC? Lets go move that crap and make something we can easily boat through. Once upon a time I heard an idea about doing something there and making it a memorial. I hear they moved the "offending rock" that was river right just above the Lawson hole and it helped a lot. Havent been back to check it out since they "fixed it".
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2012   #4

Would love to see the dam on Lower Clear Creek fixed and have a longer run that ends in town at a brewpub!

Also heard this year work was going to be done to the dam on the Ark between Granite and Pine Creek to remove some rebar and concrete.
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012   #5

Horserump, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1975
I think they're going to install a boat lift at the one in Pueblo so when you get to the bottom you just paddle up on a conveyor belt to take you back to the top
yak1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012   #6

Copper Mountain, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
I remember a post recently about Glenwood getting a chunk of money to install a new feature.
Cphilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012   #7

Denver,, exhaustion
personally i think the only thing that should be done on clear creek would be to remove the rebar.

learning when to portage is a big part of progressing as a boater... the dam can be run and it even has a killer boof at the right level, the rebar on the other hand can and will really mess up up if you screw up in there.

What would be happen if someone went it and cut those out? you know with out official permission...
Old 02-26-2012   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by adgeiser View Post
personally i think the only thing that should be done on clear creek would be to remove the rebar.

learning when to portage is a big part of progressing as a boater... the dam can be run and it even has a killer boof at the right level, the rebar on the other hand can and will really mess up up if you screw up in there.

What would be happen if someone went it and cut those out? you know with out official permission...

With the highway, it is a tough portage in a cat! I'm all for a off season cleaning, with or without permission.
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012   #9

river zen, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1997
I think its about time they reworked Boulder creek. A play park between Lyons and CC would be nice.
Jefe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012   #10

river zen, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1997
Does anyone know when there going to start work on the supposed play park on the St. Vrain in Longmont?
Jefe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ark