what I overheard on Main St in Durango - Mountain Buzz

Old 07-05-2005   #1

Technology Partner, Littleton, Colorado
Send a message via AIM to mvhyde
what I overheard on Main St in Durango

I was walking back to where my wife and kid were and there was this soccer mom ranting to her friend about the lady who drowned on Upper A. She was ranting about how they should make it off-limits and disallow any boating at all on Upper A because it was a bad influence to her kids and other kids.

I stood there dazed and confused as she was ranting her way through this misguided, misinformed diatribe. Now I am not a SEXIST male pig, just a male pig, but I could not help myself, so those readers of female gender, please forgive my trespass. I piped in my 2 cents, well...maybe 50 cents, and told her that yeah, you're right about that ma'am, they ought to make running rivers illegal, ban it outright, jail the bastards, and while we're at it, maybe we should ban and/or jail do-gooder-betty crocker-soccer mom- bizitches who think they know what is best for the rest of the damn world, yet seemingly cannot figure out why they are the proud owner of the world's most dysfunctional family of Mom, Dad, 2.5 kids (one of which is the new heroin king/queen of the local junior high).

ARGH...God save us from these azzholes

mvhyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2005   #2
sj

Nice rant Mike. Yet another reason we as a boating community need to do less armchair quaterbacking and more reciting of the facts when stuff like this happens. Imagine if this ladies husband worked with mania. She would have added "They had only done browns and westwater and had no experience in anything harder we need to close the river". sj
sj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005   #3
no tengo

Baytopia, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1876
Quote:
Originally Posted by sj
Nice rant Mike. Yet another reason we as a boating community need to do less armchair quaterbacking and more reciting of the facts when stuff like this happens. Imagine if this ladies husband worked with mania. She would have added "They had only done browns and westwater and had no experience in anything harder we need to close the river". sj
get bent sj
mania is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2005   #4
sj

that's how rumours get started. Lighten up and get the facts straight before you go posting or telling stories. What does get bent mean? I am from the "Go Fuck yourself" generation.
Old 07-05-2005   #5

Technology Partner, Littleton, Colorado
Send a message via AIM to mvhyde
gee guys....

easy easy easy......
mvhyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005   #6
sj

I know Mike I wasn't trying to be an ass. The go f yourself line was actually a Cheny joke and a way of saying our age could effect our understanding of each other. i thought opening with a smily icon would help. sj
Old 07-05-2005   #7
no tengo

Baytopia, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1876

so yeah the sherrif was actually asked if he would close the river and he was like - uh no.

i personally like the new zealand attitude of go for it its your own fault if something bad happens.
mania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005   #8

Thought-criminal, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
Isn't that how the ski industry in this state works anymore? Ski/ride at your own risk, right? The resort is not culpable. Why wouldn't boating or anything people do on the river be any different?

I hate soccer moms. I hate soccer. Oh...and minivans.
BastrdSonOfElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005   #9

You should have just told her that if she was so worried about her kids to actually parent them. You know talk to them, lead them and be their greatest influence. Educating your kids and yourself keeps you safe in life and keeps you from looking and sounding like and idiot. But you know people... just need something to gossip or [email protected]#h about.
Laurey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005   #10

Thought-criminal, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
Yeah..I REALLY hate minivans.
BastrdSonOfElvis is offline   Reply With Quote