What are you? - Mountain Buzz

Old 03-07-2013   #1

Crested Butte, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2003
What are you?

So I was asked an interesting question the other day by a buddy of mine. While riding up the left my friend turned to me and asked

"I know you kayak, I know you ski and I know you Mnt. bike but what do you consider yourself deep in your core, a boater, a skier, or a biker?"

Without even thinking about it I replyed

"a boater!!!!"

I am a boater because I feel the most alive while on the water and no matter what other activity I am taking part in I would always rather be kayaking.

So my question to the buzz is, What are you and why?

P.S. you dont have to limit yourself to boater, skier, or biker. whatever you feel is your biggest passion to push you in life.

RockyMt.Razorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2013   #2

Bazzaro, Free
Paddling Since: 2020
"Explorer" I just like to explore nature. In a boat, kayak, bike, skis, foot, it don't matter as long as it doesn't have a motor!
Old 03-07-2013   #3

Land of Lovin, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtbagkayaker View Post
"Explorer" I just like to explore nature. In a boat, kayak, bike, skis, foot, it don't matter as long as it doesn't have a motor!
That was my first thought too, doesn't matter what the vehicle is as long as I'm outside exploring.
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2013   #4
no tengo

Baytopia, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1876
You are a person who boats. Someday you might not be able to boat. if you define yourself by what you do and that is taken away you'll be nothing. but yeah I am a boater.
mania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013   #5

Crested Butte, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by mania View Post
You are a person who boats. Someday you might not be able to boat. if you define yourself by what you do and that is taken away you'll be nothing. but yeah I am a boater.
What I'm asking about isn't a description on your activities and you are right at some point they may no longer be a option, but rather a description of how you view yourself and the way you view the world around you because of that viewpoint. Your approach to the world is something learned over time and even tho at some point we wont be able to boat, hike, ski or explore the way we once did, your approach to the world around you will be molded from how you viewed yourself over your entire life.
RockyMt.Razorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013   #6

DURANGO, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1977
Skiier

I've asked myself. God forbid if I had to spend the rest of my life only doing one of the three. Skiing always comes up as my answer. Just really happy not to have to pick one.
Old 03-07-2013   #7

Laramie, Wyoming
Paddling Since: 1994
I think "Mountainbuzz Attention Whore" would be a relevant title for a strong majority out there.
Awoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013   #8

Bazzaro, Free
Paddling Since: 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyMt.Razorback View Post
What I'm asking about isn't a description on your activities and you are right at some point they may no longer be a option, but rather a description of how you view yourself and the way you view the world around you because of that viewpoint. Your approach to the world is something learned over time and even tho at some point we wont be able to boat, hike, ski or explore the way we once did, your approach to the world around you will be molded from how you viewed yourself over your entire life.
I like your thinking.
Old 03-07-2013   #9
LSB
Renaissance Redneck

Huson, Montana
Paddling Since: 1988
I'm a drunk with a boating problem
Old 03-07-2013   #10

I'm a Badass!
panicman is offline   Reply With Quote